The Sewing Place

SOLD - Bernina Record 530 - 2

LeilaMay

SOLD - Bernina Record 530 - 2
« on: April 03, 2018, 13:54:50 PM »
So the Bernina Record is finally fixed and going!

It has had rebuilds of several parts, including the needle position detent and the entire tension unit.
It's been cleaned to remove an awful lot of fluff and gunge accumulated over the years, and oiled everywhere it should be - Berninas have these wonderful red dots of paint to help you :)

It is complete with toolbox, case and extension table as well as 6 feet, 3 bobbins and two bobbins cases - (one a Bernina and one a respectable looking replacement. I don't know why). Case has one loose catch and some rust on the catches, but has been cleaned and hoovered. Original instruction booklet but missing it's cover.

It still has it's original wiring - my husband says he would rewire it himself, but the there are no splits in the wires so it is safe to use.

So if you've been hankering after a vintage Bernina perhaps this is the one?

£50 - but you would need to collect from Glastonbury Somerset - where you can obviously try it out too  :)

I'm having issues trying to attach photographs to the site at the moment, but i I can figure it out I will get some posted, or I could email them?

Thanks for looking
Leila

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:51:07 PM by LeilaMay »

Marniesews

Re: For sale - Bernina Record 530 - 2
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 16:44:01 PM »
I hope you find a kind home for this one LeilaMay. I've got my permitted quota of old Berninas, I'm afraid.

These machines must be about the best for their era (and better than any supermarket model or new machine below £300 too).  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

LeilaMay

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:56:10 AM »
Finally organized to get some pictures o the machine  :)

She does have a few marks on her - shows her age but don't we all? But now works really nicely and I'm very pleased with how she's turned out. Especial thanks to Madame Cholet for her help with info about the needle position problem  <3

LeilaMay

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
This machine now for sale online - that well-known website for selling things!
Shout out here if you're interested before it gets any bids there please, otherwise it's gone . . .

Thanks
Leila