The Sewing Place

Twinning Pinafore/Dungarees

Lulu

Twinning Pinafore/Dungarees
« on: April 17, 2018, 19:44:38 PM »
Evening everyone,

Soo, this little picture popped up on my Facebook feed in the last couple of days from the wonderful Chicco Jack's, and I just <3 it! I thought it could make a great future project (with  dungarees instead of a pinafore, for my little boy).

My question is, has anyone seen a pattern for a similar ladies' pinafore dress around which is plus size? Or can you point me in the direction of where I could start looking please?

Lulu

Re: Twinning Pinafore/Dungarees
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 20:19:24 PM »
Hmm, although I really do like the flattering fitted A-line shape of this pinafore..

https://www.sewisfaction.co.uk/a-perfect-pinafore-dress/

It would probably suit my curves better as well..

Lulu

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 15:10:28 PM »
Husband says it is "mumsy"  :'(

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 15:29:28 PM »
Sorry Lulu, I saw this last night, but got sidetracked this morning.

A nice pattern for the childrens overall/pinafore (they call it a shortall) can be found at Ikat bag.  It's a nice pattern, I've made it a couple of times - you can also do a skirt variation.

Shortalls

Not come across one for mum, but I'll have a look on a Spanish website I use.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

StitchinTime

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 15:33:00 PM »
I'm not taken with the floral version, but the denim version looks OK to me. Have a look at the one in this blog for a variation on the denim look - again I think it looks OK and not "mumsy".

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 16:09:52 PM »
There's a non-traditional pinafore dress here.  The beauty of Angela Kane patterns is that most of them have excellent video tutorials.  You just need to register.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:46:58 AM »
Not exactly bib and braces but another modern version of a pinafore here it goes up to a size 30
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet