The Sewing Place

La Maison Victor part 2

Ellabella

La Maison Victor part 2
« on: April 03, 2018, 14:35:43 PM »
I saw La Maison Victor mag in W.H.Smith today, apparently its now going to be a regular publication.

i do like the fact that you can look on the back and see line drawings of the patterns.

There were 3 patterns that interest me, so I didn't think £5.99 was too bad, I know I'll have to trace them but thats no worse than sticking together a PDF.

Samantha

Re: La Maison Victor part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 20:51:56 PM »
I'll have to look out for it, seems like an OK price.

Kad

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 12:46:04 PM »
Just bought the first issue of La Maison Victor - March 2018, where on page 7 it states that " this is our second English edition" ??

AND that the "the sizing chart on the inside of the pattern envelope now has UK AND US sizes"

It does indeed have EU/UK sizes, in cm and another chart for US sizes in inches BUT the conversion from cm to inches is VERY CONFUSING, for instance, EUR size 40 (or US size 14) has a height of 169cm, converted to 5'54"?!?!?.

What they really mean is that 169cm is equivalent to 5.54' which is actually 5' 6
1/2"

I think that I've just lost any confidence in the patterns if they can't be bothered to convert the measurements properly from metric to imperial
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 13:08:37 PM »
Hmm, interesting. That is (sad to say) a reasonably typical French thing - not quite right, but near enough!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Happymrsg

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 20:44:57 PM »
Strange - I have Issue 1 Summer 2017

lakaribane

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 14:16:24 PM »
a reasonably typical French thing

They are Belgian, actually.

And I think approximation go the other around too! At least, with some of the US Indie pattern companies...

Once they realize how global their market is, they will come around. Maybe drop them an email?

I haven't sewn LMV but one of my students studying in Fr, does the foot work for me and bought me one last year. I need to pull it out and see how it goes.

lakaribane

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 14:24:57 PM »
They offer free patterns for those who want to try them out.