The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place’s year-long stash-busting challenge - 01-01-2022 to 31-12-2022

MitchOfTheNorth

Well, I've been on a bit of a cutting out marathon.  I've got 2 Jalie Marie Claudes cut for DD1 - one is a white chocolate polar stretch and the other is autumn-toned umbrellas with charcoal sleeves.  I'm part way through cutting out 3 of Marie Claudes for myself - pirate print with teal sleeves, spooky little girls with lavender sleeves and a retro white squares on teal with white sleeves.  It's all in french terry.  I've already cut another Marie Claude for myself in a Harry Potter knit fabric and a Jalie 2805 with a v-neck and short sleeves in ruby red interlock.  I'll cut a few more things and then I can have a sewing marathon.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

MitchOfTheNorth

Well, I've managed to get past the half way mark of my goal  :dance:.  I've cut another 3 Jalie 2805.  One in leaf green bamboo rib knit with short sleeves & mock turtleneck.  One in microstripe mustard knit with short sleeves & crew neck. The last is a floral print on navy with 3/4 sleeves and crew neck.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

Helen M

Donated 10+ metres to Oxfam charity on Tuesday. It was good to get it away, and hope someone can make use of it.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Sara-S

I wanted to get rid of some flannel.  I used it to make a reusable duster for a Swiffer handle.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Ann

I am behind on posting. September was a hard month for me but I did sew 2.4 meters. I got the backing put on DD's quilt and after a friend quilted it for me, I put on the binding and hand sewed it down. I also did a muslin of a doll's dress as I had to test out the embroidery. In October, I made the doll's dress and 3 reusable bags for DD. The total sewn was 7.5 meters. I also sent DD 7 meters of fabric for her to sew into western shirts.

In Sept. and Oct. I bought 12.1 meters of fabric and have sewn 9.6 of it already. I'm pretty happy about that. I'm trying to sew up what I buy as quickly as possible due to sewing Christmas gifts. My latest sewing spree has been 4 place mats for DD.

I still have two large size hot pads to make and later on I will make her some pot holders to complete the set. She will then have two totally different looks for her table. I am hoping she will use these for Christmas dinner.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

I have been horrid at adding what I've sewn. I've bought fabric for Christmas projects but still did sew a bit from the stash.

I sewed 50.38 meters this year. My goal was 50 meters. I bought a whopping 34.55 meters of which I've sewn all but 7 meters. That doesn't include the large scraps left over from one project. I have a game plan for them next year. It's called adding on to the gifts I made this year. It's mostly the plank fabric I made the placemats, hot pads, and pot holders for DD.

I am pretty much done sewing for this year though I may get a small project or two done after Christmas. I have to clean and organize the sewing room which I will work on daily for probably 4-5 weeks. My planner will be out so I can write down projects I want to make. My goal for 2023 is to sew 50 meters, use more trims and notions from the stash, and try some new techniques.

I will start this thread again for next year. I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing sewing down their stash.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

mudcat

@Ann 50 meters is a lot.  You should be proud of yourself.

I only completed ~14 yards this year.