The Sewing Place

Sewdirect reviews

Ellabella

Sewdirect reviews
« on: April 19, 2018, 14:42:59 PM »
I got an email yesterday from Sewdirect asking me to review my recent purchases.

I only  reviewed Vogue 9300 as I haven't opened the others yet.

My review was somewhat scathing as I think it is a terrible pattern, the Tiltons need to move on from tee shirts.

I was told my review would be published after being checked by their moderators, needless to say it hasn't appeared yet and I don't suppose it will.  I must remember to check Pattern Review and slate it on there. :angry:

sewingj

Re: Sewdirect reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 15:01:02 PM »
@Ellabella It probably will appear in a little while - I slated a pattern once and they did show my review.  It was for a baby`s romper suit with incomprehensible instructions!

If it`s not published would you care to give more details here?  I`ve got that pattern but haven`t made it yet!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 15:03:48 PM by sewingj »

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 15:27:52 PM »
I think they read all of them before they appear and it does take a while. Occasionally you will see that the same person has repeated it because it takes so long to go on that they think its failed. I always write what I think - good or bad - and it always appears.

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 18:47:48 PM »
I will contain my soul in patience and keep checking.

@sewingj there is a weird pouch between the two front panels.  The pattern says "the front extension was designed to give depth and dimension to the top. Allow it to hang freely either inside or outside the top depending on your preference."

This pouch/flap was not apparent on the line drawings on the Sewdirect website.  I always look at line drawings so I am not influenced by the fabric choices.

I am so disappointed with this pattern, I think I'll stick to LoveNotions.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 19:32:14 PM »
Or a baby kangaroo?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 20:11:14 PM »
The Tiltons have been rehashing the same basic shape since the year dot.  The latest offering from sister Marcy

has drawn withering criticism.

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 20:26:21 PM »
I could do that!!!!!  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 20:36:32 PM »
I got an email yesterday from Sewdirect asking me to review my recent purchases.

I only  reviewed Vogue 9300 as I haven't opened the others yet.

My review was somewhat scathing as I think it is a terrible pattern...
Why is it terrible?  Poorly fitting?  Poorly drafted?

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 20:38:34 PM »
Not only is Sewdirect slow at putting up reviews, but they don't check for duplicates.  I have reviewed the same pattern twice in almost the same wording. :S

sewingj

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 20:40:00 PM »
I realised there was a bit of a flouncey thing at the front but not that it is actually a pouch!  That`s annoying - I hardly ever buy Vogue patterns so was expecting it to be a bit special

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 21:16:31 PM »
I admit I succumbed to the sale. If I'd paid full price I'd be even more annoyed.

There is only so much you can do with a tee shirt, I'm just cross with myself for thinking I'd try a Vogue, it had to be better than the cheap as chips LoveNotions ones that fit me well and have so many hacks available.

How wrong I was.

Celia

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »
I admit I succumbed to the sale. If I'd paid full price I'd be even more annoyed.

There is only so much you can do with a tee shirt, I'm just cross with myself for thinking I'd try a Vogue, it had to be better than the cheap as chips LoveNotions ones that fit me well and have so many hacks available.

How wrong I was.

I have never heard of love notions patterns before, I have just looked them up and they look great, thank you so much for mentioning them.  Can I ask have you used any of them for stretch fabric as that is my love.

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 08:42:26 AM »

Item for the prosecution. 0_0

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 20:00:52 PM »
I'm still wondering why the pattern was "terrible"?  I find Vogue patterns to be one of the best for fit and, of course, their interesting designs.