The Sewing Place

My First Overlocker

Lizzy777

Re: My First Overlocker
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
I'm presuming Tues/Wed next week. Apparently it takes 2-3 days for them to get it from Juki then it will be next day delivery from them to me.
It certainly did pay off to ring in the end  :D

That's good. Good job I mentioned the £30 price match then isn't it? Otherwise you wouldn't be getting all these additional extras. Enjoy :)

Lolli

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2018, 11:24:00 AM »
Absolutely! You can't beat getting more your money. Thanks @Lizzy777 for the heads up

Morgan

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2018, 12:09:17 PM »
I was raising the needles to take one out and went to turn the wheel backwards. The lady said you should never turn the wheel backwards, only ever forwards, and the same goes for sewing machines.

Is that true?

Yes (there's an exception with one technique with a coverstitch)

Always turn the wheel towards you on a sewing machine.
Turning the wheel away from you on a sewing machine is one of the most excellent ways to produce a snarl or a birds nest.

Lolli

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2018, 13:46:55 PM »
Yes (there's an exception with one technique with a coverstitch)

Always turn the wheel towards you on a sewing machine.
Turning the wheel away from you on a sewing machine is one of the most excellent ways to produce a snarl or a birds nest.

Oh so that's why that happens to me then. Woops  :S
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 13:50:08 PM by Lolli »

Holly Berry

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2018, 14:09:23 PM »
I’m sure I read when renovating my old Singer that sewing machine motors turn counter clockwise, which is why you turn the wheel towards you.

Arrow or Roger will be able to clarify I’m sure.
Procrastination get behind me

Lolli

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2018, 15:07:17 PM »
Well you learn something new everyday, I've been turning the wheel both ways since I starting sewing 2 & 1/2 years ago  :S
Another lesson learnt!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2018, 19:25:51 PM »
Lolli, you being satisfied with the transaction is what matters. The merchant was terrific to accommodate you in the manner you preferred. Well done!  :toast:

My Singer serger actually has a big curved arrow on the hand wheel showing the correct direction to turn.

OK. I'm American and from the West at that. Historically we like to go in with guns blazing.   >:) I'm sticking with that.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.