The Sewing Place

Forum Downtime in April

Francesca

Forum Downtime in April
« on: April 20, 2018, 14:53:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, yesterday we had some downtime in the morning. Thank you to members who contacted the admin team about it, we know we were missed  0_0

We were unaware of anything that could cause the downtime and began investigation of our own logs and records and could see no fault, when we received an email from our host:

Last night, as a result of our ongoing efforts to strengthen and consolidate our network, we undertook some planned and scheduled maintenance, which should not have resulted in any customer disruption.

However, we became aware that some customers were unable to reach their websites. Upon investigation, it became apparent that some websites and servers were inaccessible for some time. The problem was fully resolved as quickly as possible.

This was solved fairly quickly and mistakes do happen, but we'll be considering it for the future. We currently have no plans to switch host as they've been good so far but I guess you could say this is a point to remember.

Thanks for your patience!

Lolli

Re: Forum Downtime in April
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 14:57:59 PM »
I wondered what happened, thanks for the update

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 15:52:21 PM »
I was only aware of it for a short time but I did begin to twitch a bit.  ;)
Maybe if they're planning and scheduling in future they could let you know in advance.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 15:53:40 PM »
I was only aware of it for a short time but I did begin to twitch a bit.  ;)
Maybe if they're planning and scheduling in future they could let you know in advance.  :)

They have let us know about some changes happening in May which "will not cause downtime" but we shall see  0_0

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 20:42:05 PM »
It actually was down for a good six or seven hours. If not straight through, as least every time I checked.  0_0 Most of you missed it, as you were good kids and were sleeping. For me I discovered it about 6 PM my time. It was a long and lonely evening online. But be cheered, Pinterest did it's best to fill the void.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 23:29:43 PM »
Oh thanks for letting us know! We thought it was just an hour or two in our AM.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 00:10:58 AM »
Oh thanks for letting us know! We thought it was just an hour or two in our AM.

It might have been intermittent. I figured you all might have some scheduled maintenance/updates going on during the middle of the night your time. I last checked it about 1 AM my time. And probably once every hour or so during the evening, just to see if it was back up.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.