The Sewing Place

Missing Notifications and DMs

Acorn

Re: Missing Notifications and DMs
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2018, 22:07:56 PM »
As before, there is nothing we can do about it.  The notifications are being sent, but if at some point your email provider weeds them out because they are automated emails, then they will not arrive.  It is happening all over the internet as ISPs try to stem the flood of spam by using a sledgehammer approach.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sewingforfun

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 19:05:48 PM »
As before, there is nothing we can do about it.  The notifications are being sent, but if at some point your email provider weeds them out because they are automated emails, then they will not arrive.  It is happening all over the internet as ISPs try to stem the flood of spam by using a sledgehammer approach.

I know, it's just frustrating...!  :( They also have now turned up, but in a bunch, after I posted here and some time after the original replies were posted. Weird.
Dancing too much and trying to remember sewing is for fun! Used to be CarolC.

Marniesews

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 23:26:52 PM »
I'm on gmail but had no notifications at all for ages. I've been so busy recently and not popped in here for a few weeks or more so the lack of notifications hadn't really registered with me. Difficult to know if my lack of attendance is the reason I've had no notificaitons (because I've not posted). However, I did have a dm that was sent as an email with content rather than a notification with a link to the forum to reply.

Hoping to find more time in the New Year to visit more often.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.