The Sewing Place

New Simplicity and New Look patterns

UttaRetch

New Simplicity and New Look patterns
« on: April 20, 2018, 21:44:59 PM »
You can see them here.

Everybody seems to be doing this look

Nice if you have the right figure

I like the fabrics used to sew the samples.

I haven't seen sewn any Simplicity or New Look as I have been happy with Vogue/Butterick/McCall's and as everyone is following the same trends, would stick what what I know.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 07:21:34 AM by UttaRetch »

SkoutSews

Re: New Simplicity and New Look patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 21:59:30 PM »
I like the dress, but not the tops, and the skirt is just another straight skirt. Very wearable, but not new.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 22:10:22 PM »
I like this one...

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 22:25:00 PM »
Yes I like that one too @Efemera . It's by Elaine Heigl. I'm making a top from her pattern from the last Simplicity collection. It usually takes ages for the new Simplicity patterns to arrive in the UK unfortunately.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lyn-J

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 22:31:33 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Simplicity, but I like New Look. This collection is "seen it all before" though.

Kwaaked

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 05:38:43 AM »
I like this one...

I made this last week and didn't realize it was new until today.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 06:30:08 AM »
Yawn. Not much to see here. None of the Spring Collections from the major companies did much for me this go round.
That authentic 1960's kite shaped caftan sue was. Anyone else notice it included 35/36" fabric in the yardage? That takes me back a bit.

There is a toddler pattern that is quite adorable on the 2nd page. Too lazy to do a link.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 09:11:38 AM »
@Kwaaked how did your dress turn out and have you any photos? We wont get those patterns in the UK for months.  :'(

@Renegade Sewist  oh yes I remember kaftans and my teenage self thought she was uber cool.wearing them! 36" width fabric instructions show an admirable attèntion to vintage detail. I still come across quite a bit of 36" wide fabric on ebay invcuding vintage Liberty lawn. It feels very narrow and wouldn't suit a lot of modern patterns. Still it's nice to rescue a piece of vintage fabric and make it up into something lovely.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »
I like this one...
I think i have something very similar in box of tricks from years ago, a vogue i think. I will have to go routing round now.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Kwaaked

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 15:00:26 PM »
I used charmeuse and it turned out okay...drapes a little different is all.  And no, I mean to take pics but never get around to it because I don't like photos of myself.  Silly, but there it is.

What's funny is I usually don't have them in my stores for 2-3 months after release either, plus I only go to the store to get them 1-2 times a year.  Just happened to see it the last time I had gone to a sale on top of the cabinet and picked it up.

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 15:46:52 PM »
@Kwaaked: 'cut off your head'.  That's what I did when I used to post reviews.  Nobody needs to see my gargoyle features. 0_0

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 16:11:23 PM »
Yes there are a few headless chickens about! I know that @UttaRetch looks fab cos I've seen the pics and I bet you look great too @Kwaaked but I do understand that not everyone likes their photo on display. I only occasionally post a photo as I just don't get round to it all that often but I find it useful when someone does. I've tried a number of patterns on the strength of the fabulous photos that @DementedFairy posts of clothes she makes.

Kwaaked

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 16:13:50 PM »
@DementedFairy is a reason for several purchases of mine, too.

DementedFairy

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 18:02:29 PM »
@DementedFairy is a reason for several purchases of mine, too.

:devil: :devil:
mwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 21:34:17 PM »
Your wicked plan is drawing in victims like a moth to the flame. 0_0