The Sewing Place

Your favourite raglan?

Francesca

Your favourite raglan?
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:51:39 AM »
After meeting the lovely @Celia yesterday and enjoying the discussion about the tribulations of narrow shoulders, I decided to try and look up a raglan.

I'm badly in need of a fitted t-shirt and though the Cashmerette Concord is nice I want something that will fit really well. The fabric I have is striped, though I have some cheaper grey jersey to practice fit with.

What's your favourite raglan tee? Or maybe dolman or grown-on but something quite tight? It's to wear under dungaree dresses/cami dresses and my normal loose tees all look abysmal.

Greybird

Re: Your favourite raglan?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:43:58 AM »
@Francesca , this one is quite adaptable. I did the long-sleeved one in a piece of crepe fabric I already had and it turned out really well. I am looking for some lightweight linen to make it again.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »
@Francesca , this one is quite adaptable. I did the long-sleeved one in a piece of crepe fabric I already had and it turned out really well. I am looking for some lightweight linen to make it again.

Did you forget to link it?

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »
All time favourite, and first mentioned on the old TSF by Dolcevita.

Burda T shirt

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
@Francesca - Oops sorry! This morning has been a bit fraught - I have been dipping in here for a bit of normality.

http://www.sewdirect.com/acatalog/McCalls-7093.html

Celia

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »
@Francesca it was great meeting you too, I have looked up the pattern numbers we talked about, the raglan is https://jalie.com/jalie3245-raglan-tee-racerback-tank-tunic-pattern and the grown on is also a Jalie 3352. I have made both of these many times and because of the multiple sizes I have managed to make them fitted or not.  Hope the link works.

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 13:59:21 PM »
Thanks Celia I think I might give the Jalie a go. Looks like it's got good variations. I might just size down for the fitted version.