The Sewing Place

Advice regarding Lobster Licking

Francesca

Re: [WANTED] Someone to embroider...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 20:30:14 PM »
I was going to offer as well but i see you are sorted. here are some lobster designs and this is what the designs needs after sewing to prevent scratchiness.

Thanks! I've found two that I think will work, just need to check the template and work out the sizes :)

sewmuchmore

Re: [WANTED] Someone to embroider...
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »
If @Iminei has the design software she should be able to resize the design to your measurements. 
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Iminei

Re: Advice regarding Lobster Licking
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »
Okay Ladies (and Germs) Now I've got your attention, I really need your help and advice now.

Fran has gone off on her hols for a week and I have had a parcel delivered with some lovely fabric (no I dont know what it is, its lightsider stuff) 3 reels of Sulky Viscose thread and a template for the espadrille tops.

She has sent me 2  PES  file and 2 PDF files showing colour changes (3 colours, 6 changes)

And I need to know what to do next.

Do I need stabiliser?
I only have stitch and tear and a roll of stuff like sticky backed plastic.

I personally think the threads are quite dark and it could do with an orange in there to lighten the design,
What do you think ?? ( and @Francesca if you are out there, please weigh in here)

So Im hoping for some real help here peeps .....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:46:30 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Nuttywife59

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 15:09:04 PM »
If you only have stitch and tear I would hoop one piece and when you start to sew I would slip a piece underneath the hoop as well and see how it goes.

Pinkstar

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 16:55:53 PM »
When I saw the title to this thread the only advice I thought of was to make sure that the huge pincers that lobsters have are fastened together before you attempt to lick it so it doesn't nip your tongue.   :D :D

Then I read the thread and found its got nothing to do with actually licking a lobster  :(

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 17:11:47 PM »
Well I had to get your attention didnt I?

Im afraid I dont understand the previous reply so am still in the dark here ...
Anyone out there can help???

@Bodgeitandscarper  @Acorn  ???

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 18:16:17 PM »
Do you have enough fabric for a test?  Then you can just wade straight in  :)  Is your stitch and tear stabiliser medium to heavy, ie, not very very light?  If so, then I'd put the stabiliser, with the fabric on top, in your hoop, and attach to Elvis.  You can then slide another bit of stabiliser underneath it if you think the stabiliser is a bit thin and off you go. Embroider first, then cut shape after.
Hope that helps.  :)

Acorn

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 19:29:18 PM »
Definitely practice first - if you don't have enough of the real fabric, use something as similar as possible in terms of weight and weave.

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »
If the fabric is thin/lightweight then i would iron a piece of interfacing onto the back and then hoop as usual with your tear away. As this is for a shoe i would definitely iron some interfacing over the back of the completed embroidery so it doesn't scratch, (or the stuff i mentioned earlier), or Fran could line the piece before attaching to her soles.

Janet

Iminei

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:48 AM »
Fran sent loads of the fabric and very nice it is too!!
Its like moleskin, a sort of a faux suede ?? very strokeable !!!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »
Fran sent loads of the fabric and very nice it is too!!
Its like moleskin, a sort of a faux suede ?? very strokeable !!!

Make sure you hoop both pieces with the nap going the same way, you may find that the fabric retains the hoop marks so i would hoop a big enough piece so that the shoe front can be cut out.

Janet

Francesca

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 16:56:54 PM »
Hopefully the threads were the right colour ish! I had to do the colour conversion thing to get the right ones in a different brand so hopefully they work. If the don't, don't worry I can send more :) it's all an experiment!

Iminei

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 13:44:11 PM »
Anyone any idea what stabilizer to use?

Loving the fabric @Francesca  ... but what is it Please?

Francesca

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 13:47:17 PM »
It's a faux suede I got on eBay, nothing special! But I thought it would be a bit more substantial and shoe-like.

Iminei

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 13:57:52 PM »
Its like moleskin, a sort of a faux suede ?? - Iminei

It's a faux suede I got on eBay - Fran

Ding ! Ding !! Ding !!! Give that Girl a banana!!!!