The Sewing Place

Baby Christening Gown

datcat23

Baby Christening Gown
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:52:50 AM »
I have been prevaricating about this gown for ages, asking all sorts of advice, and doing test stitch outs on various bits of fabric (including a tunic for me).   But I have decided that its about time to bite the bullet, and just get it done. 

The gown was made many years ago, from a vintage pattern I have had for years.  I had found the fabric (a lovely thick gold satin) at an op shop, and decided to accessorise with lilac.  While the gown was lovely, it was a bit plain, and needed jazzing up.

Christening Gown by Dani, on Flickr

Hubby and DD both felt that one design on the hem would be better than trying to mirror. 

and a closeup, it remains to be seen, how it goes once I wash away the stabiliser.

Christening Gown by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Surest1tch

Re: Baby Christening Gown
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 19:03:09 PM »
Beautiful, however. I am not, most definitely not buying an embroidery machine

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 19:29:30 PM »
No, of course you're not...  :devil:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

datcat23

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 22:43:05 PM »
Beautiful, however. I am not, most definitely not buying an embroidery machine
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 06:59:50 AM »
It's very pretty, just the right amount of colour I think.
Life's too short for ironing.