The Sewing Place

My Sewing Lair

Tamnymore

Re: My Sewing Lair
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 22:45:10 PM »
No the rooms won't stay tidy so you'll just have to come back on a weekly basis @Lolli;)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

datcat23

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 23:43:01 PM »
Woohoo!!  I have found a kindred spirit!   :D

I am like you, I wonder what people must think when I post shots of my sewing room.  I get quite obsessive at times, but I just can't function in clutter.  At the moment, I am contemplating digging out my vacuum cleaner, because I haven't had the cleaners through for a couple of weeks (bathroom renovations happening) and there are threads and bits of fluff on the sewing room floor.  On the up side, without having scraps and rubbish on the floor, I could easily see the dropped needle on the floor yesterday ..... before it stabbed me in the foot. 

Room 2018 by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Kenora

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 00:53:41 AM »
@Lolli - your sewing room is so beautifully tidy, and you also have a beautiful resident cat. My cat is uncannily like yours but my sewing space is unfortunately not like yours! I have a half-share of the dining table, and have great trouble establishing territory rights with DH who has the other half of the table.

This is Cassie who, I believe, looks a lot like your Rosalie.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lyn-J

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 01:38:48 AM »
Lolli - do you actually sew? :)
My sewing room currently looks like an explosion in a pink fabric factory. I have an on going project and it won't get tidied until it is done. I can't be spemding valuale sewing time doing tuding. Once done every thing can be put back in itd proper place though.

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 08:28:26 AM »
@Lolli and @Kenora, where would a sewing room be without a cat? :D

Efemera

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »
Gosh... I feel like I need to come over and throw stuff around!. :devil:.. far too tidy... I like a bit of creative chaos.

Ploshkin

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 08:36:08 AM »
There are absolutely no cats permitted anywhere near my sewing room or husbands come to that. 
Life's too short for ironing.

Snowgoose

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 11:03:21 AM »
 :loveit: please, please come and help me empty my house  0_0

Beautiful cat, and curtains - I love butterflies  :)

If only I could be this tidy  :D she says, wading through a mountain of stuff to go to charity  :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »
There are absolutely no cats permitted anywhere near my sewing ...
A wise policy, but many people seem to have trouble keeping cats or other animals for that matter, out of the sewing sphere.

sewingj

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 13:00:27 PM »
I`m very envious of anyone having a room just for sewing.  I sew on the dining table, sitting on a dining chair.  But most of my stuff is in various drawers upstairs in the spare room.  The ironing board also lives upstairs so when I am sewing I get quite a lot of exercise!

(Our cat also likes to be with me when I sew - and usually chooses the chair I am using to sleep on.  No, of course I don`t move him!)

maliw

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 16:38:37 PM »
Sewingj my sewing room is the spare room(or one of them). It was my son's bedroom and when he moved out I moved in. Fortunately we have another spare room but it isn't used very often, we have someone coming to stay for a couple of nights next month - oops will have to tidy it.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ploshkin

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 17:01:32 PM »
I use the one and only spare room and have a sofa bed in there.  It was a good excuse to have a Horn cabinet.  We don't have visitors very often but when we do I can close up the cabinet, which doesn't then take up much space, and pull out the sofa bed.  I've also got a good inflatable bed which I use if just one person is staying then they get to have a sofa as well.
Life's too short for ironing.

BrendaP

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 21:10:02 PM »
Sewingj my sewing room is the spare room(or one of them).

What's a spare room?

There are only two of us plus a dog in a four "bedroom" house and there isn't any spare space anywhere.  I don't know how we ever managed to fit 3 DDs in as well! 
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lolli

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 22:29:35 PM »
No the rooms won't stay tidy so you'll just have to come back on a weekly basis @Lolli;)

That's my new job right there!  0_0

@LolliThis is Cassie who, I believe, looks a lot like your Rosalie.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Yes they do look alike! Cassie is gorgeous  :loveit:

Lolli - do you actually sew? :)
My sewing room currently looks like an explosion in a pink fabric factory.

Haha yes! But usually only have time on Sundays. I am actually surrounded by stuff at the time but everything goes back where I got it from when I've finished  :P

Beautiful cat, and curtains - I love butterflies  :)

Aww thank you, me too. I love the colours in there, you may notice the two pictures of our Daughters? One in her prom dress, the other in her tutu. The colour scheme matches those two dresses  :loveit:

It was our Son's bedroom until he moved out 18 months ago. I told my DH long before that when he does move out, it's becoming my sewing room (not that I was trying to get rid of him or anything!). It was a pain getting my sewing machine out of the cupboard (plus everything else) and carrying it all into the kitchen every time I wanted to sew. I really do love that room, sometimes I just go and sit in there even when I'm not sewing!

One of my favourite things in there is the chair. It's incredible comfy, great lower back support, no arms getting in the way and it swivels so I can literally just spin around to grab things  0_0  0_0

wrenkins

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »
I noticed that your daughter matched the colour scheme.   :[ :|  :ninja:
What do you do with your LPS? Where does it go?
I find that no matter what I do, whether I finish a project or not there's always an LPS. Like when you tidy and there's a letter, a receipt, a post it note with someone's (???) phone number, a key, some string.....
LPS=little pile of s***e.   :D
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!