The Sewing Place

Smiley Audit!

Francesca

Smiley Audit!
« on: April 27, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
As I'm sure you all know we have a nice range of little smileys  0_0 :* :cake:

I often get requests to add more. The reason we don't have a whole tonne is they take up a lot of real estate on the page and I'm often concerned about having an overwhelming number of smileys which can often mean you can't find exactly what you're after.

So I'm looking to do a smiley audit. What do you want? What current smiley can you not live WITHOUT. What do you think could go?

Francesca

Re: Smiley Audit!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 11:48:54 AM »
For myself, I'd currently quite like something that shows proper laughing as  0_0 sometimes just looks happy.

Also  :P Seems to rarely be used.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »
I've often wanted a 'banging head against wall' smiley.  I agree about the laughing one, too.  I think I'd use  :P more often if it was a bit more obviously rude - like this one:    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Oh, and a thumbs-up one would be useful.

It also seems to me that  :| (embarrassed) and  :o  (shocked) are a bit too similar, but both are needed.  Maybe embarrassed could have redder cheeks.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »
Good idea on the redder cheeks. I'll get onto that!

Thumbs up should be easy as we already have the icon for posts :)

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »
Yes big smile as opposed to grinning or cheesy.
Telling a secret/whispering might be good too in case you don't want anyone else to hear what you're about to blab on the interworld!  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 13:26:53 PM »
I would like 'rolling eyes'.  I am also wondering whether some of the existing could be culled, in particular, the sewing ones.  I haven't seen anyone use the trousers, bodice or pins.

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 13:51:26 PM »
I've only ever seen the pins used as a star or the sun. What about the button? Does it get used?
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 13:54:42 PM »
"Thumbs up" for me,rolling eyes or a zipped mouth too.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Holly Berry

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 13:57:14 PM »
I agree thumbs up and rolling eyes. I use the ninja as a “hiding” emoji, so perhaps a more appropriate one. There’s also a slapping forehead to signity “doh” or what an idiot, (meaning the person writing) or a clapping one, for congratulations.
Procrastination get behind me

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 14:01:19 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Cheesecake

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 14:02:11 PM »
‘Thumbs up’ is one of the few smileys I ever try to find and use on my phone messaging apps and disappointed it isn’t there so I agree that would be good for here.  A clapping one would be a good idea.

I don’t really use them but I quite like  :button: and  :wool: as ones.  I do get confused for happy ones, never know when to use  :P  :D. Etc.  I didn’t realise :snip: was pins.

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 14:11:31 PM »
(I have a lot of smileys hiding in my computer...)

And I think we could often use a hug...   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 14:14:15 PM »
We just HAVE to have the handbags one!!! Maybe moving ones take up more "stuff" on the forum though.

Pinkstar

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 14:44:50 PM »
Oh my I love the handbags.

I think erm, really and undecided are all rather similar.

Never used Pins, snip, wool, trousers, bra, dress and t shirt.

Acorn

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 14:50:49 PM »
And I think we could often use a hug...   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    The hug I referred to was in my previous post... honestly!  I suppose the handbag hug might be a bit like a Glasgow kiss...