The Sewing Place

Bag making Tut ???

Iminei

Bag making Tut ???
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »
Would any of you geniuses here like to make a comprehensive Bag making tut for Dumbkopfs?

You would need to use words a two year old could understand (I reckon if peeps reading a tut know what you are talking about they will skip to the next part but the  complete novice will need to know what an underhandedcupric shank is and how to attach it so Keep It Simple Stupid!)
and lots of up close and personal pics!

The reason for this request??? I desperately need a bag between my posh small one and my new FoQ booty sack!!!

We saw one yesterday whilst walking around Lago Cavezza that I really liked. It was made of a great black and white fabric so must be makeable ...

So your mission *****, if you decide to accept it .... da da ... da da da da ... da da da dq ... diddle di diddle di.. di di
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewingj

Re: Bag making Tut ???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 09:25:12 AM »
@Iminei
I think a tutorial might be a tall order as there are so many types of bags.  This book is good for covering all of the basics - though, for me, all of the bags in it are too big.  It has detailed instructions and lots of photos

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bag-Making-Bible-Lisa-Lam-ebook/dp/B00H8B9V86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524990128&sr=8-1&keywords=bag+making+bible

I must admit that I have now decided that bag-making is not for me.  They can work out to be very expensive by the time you have bought all of the components
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:36:22 AM by sewingj »

Stitches

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »
@Iminei I have watched debbie shore on YouTube

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 13:26:17 PM »
Lisa Lam's books are good.  I have two but have spotted one or two errors in there. 
As sewingj says, depends on the bag. 

cbcarolyn

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 13:52:41 PM »
My first post today!

I am always looking at Youtube videos and have put some of the bag making ones into a library which may help. If you look through the posters, some of them have lots more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqANqDH7JOpMmX8kQBulM6O-1HHU02kcg

Lizzielogs

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 07:51:27 AM »
Imi did you work it out?
If you could PM me a photo with the style of bag I may be able to help x

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 09:30:34 AM »
Nah! You're OK

All Imself managed to get a good pic of was the tourists bum, which looks a lil odd compared with all the other pics !
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

mammafairy

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 17:58:12 PM »
Most bags are not that difficult, but can be fiddly in places- Just wing it, if you can dressmake or quilt, you can make bags too.