The Sewing Place

My second ever quilt!

Lilian

My second ever quilt!
« on: May 03, 2018, 18:35:30 PM »
Ok, here it is @Iminei the latest quilt. It is a very simple one, I seen it in a magazine; it's called 'kisses'. the magazine one used 5 inch squares. I found 4 inch squares more suitable for cutting from the FQs with less scraps so went with that.  I made a wide binding.  Itr measures 63 inches by 38 inches an fits the back of the sofa perfectly.  From the scraps I made a cushion cover to blend in.

Excuse the tatty leather sofa (new one comes in June) and is slate grey so hoping the quilt will look good on it.

I can't seem to upload the photos??  Will try them in the gallery.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:23:45 AM by Iminei »
Willing but not always able :)

Ellabella

Re: My second ever quilt!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 19:48:41 PM »
@Lilian thats lovely, very neat. What a great start.

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 19:58:27 PM »
Thank you @Ellabella  :) :vintage:

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 20:04:26 PM »
 Well done Lillian, that's really pretty.  It's a simple pattern that looks impressively difficult.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lilian

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 20:24:13 PM »
@Ploshkin Thank you the hardest part was deciding when to stop adding kisses lol

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 15:32:40 PM »
Lovely quilt! It looks great- no one would know you’re a beginner. Sometimes the simple designs are the best. You’ll get plenty inspiration here for making lots more. :loveit:

fajita

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 16:25:32 PM »
Well done, Lillian. You're a bona fide quiltress now  :flower:

Lilian

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 18:27:04 PM »
@Sheilago Thank you so much, I think what I like about it is no sashing, I like patterns that flow into each other.  I really enjoyed making this.  :) :snip: :vintage:

@Fajita thank you, a quiltress!! maybe, one day... :flower: lol  :snip: :vintage:

I already have the fabric and a design that I plan to make next, but have no instructions just a photo but again it looks easy (fingers crossed).

Kenora

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 14:16:09 PM »
It's a lovely quilt @Lilian - the colours are great against the sofa and, as other people have said, the simple designs are often the best. It's definitely really effective. You'll find that quilting is completely addictive now that you're getting into it so well. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

maliw

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 15:09:14 PM »
Oh thats lovely, well done you. You are no longer a beginner my friend.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lilian

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 18:33:40 PM »
@Kenora Thank you so much. It was enjoyable to do, and you're right I am addicted, I already bought some fabric to make another quilt  :S Went to the Uttoxeter Racecourse quilt show and saw a quilt and bought all the fabric and took a photo so will have to work it out, but it looks simple enough  :snip: :)  :vintage:

@maliw Thank you maliw, one foot on the ladder  :)  :vintage: