The Sewing Place

Florals Rule - get ready for Spring & Summer

Manuela

Re: Florals Rule - get ready for Spring & Summer
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 00:01:47 AM »
@Fajita, oh no - what you've done so far looks really nice, hope you can bet your machine sorted.

Efemera

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2018, 19:22:51 PM »
Finished the first of my florals..I added 6 inches  to the hi low hem. The fabric is a viscose-rayon print with a mind of its own..not a straight grain in sight! It’s the Claiborne top from DIBY.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 21:12:36 PM by Manuela »

Manuela

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2018, 21:55:45 PM »
Finished the first of my florals..I added 6 inches  to the hi low hem. The fabric is a viscose-rayon print with a mind of its own..not a straight grain in sight! It’s the Claiborne top from DIBY.
@Efemera can we have a picture or two more please  :)

Efemera

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2018, 22:12:21 PM »
More pictures?..what kind of pictures?

Manuela

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2018, 23:45:39 PM »
More pictures?..what kind of pictures?

Mabe a back view and some details. There will be vote after all, so it'll be nice to have more than one picture  :)

Manuela

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2018, 23:51:50 PM »
Well my project is fast approaching the bin  :'( Dunno why I convinced myself that a wrap dress is possible on my shape.

I know that feeling well. A few years back I made a number of fake wrap dresses, but being short waisted I hated how they looked on me (belt almost right under my boobs and all that) and constantly tried to pull the belt down.
However, I made the Cashmerette wrap dress for my step daughter a year or so ago, and she looks fab in it (H cup boobage).

UttaRetch

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2018, 08:27:41 AM »
Well my project is fast approaching the bin  :'( Dunno why I convinced myself that a wrap dress is possible on my shape.
The triumph of hope over experience.  I long for a wrap dress, but seeing that knit wrap top on me, demonstrated the impossibility of my dream.  My condolences on your grief.

wrenkins

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2018, 10:00:31 AM »
I once wore a beautiful wrap top to the school disco :S and someone very kindly pointed out that it made one of my boobs look bigger than the other! I've never worn one since but I do like them and I too have enoooormous boobage and a small back and waist.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

BrendaP

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »
A few years back I made a number of fake wrap dresses, but being short waisted I hated how they looked on me (belt almost right under my boobs and all that) and constantly tried to pull the belt down.
However, I made the Cashmerette wrap dress for my step daughter a year or so ago, and she looks fab in it (H cup boobage).

I'm long waisted and wrap styles don't suit me, they always gap at the front and reveal far too much underwear.  OTOH DD who wears large cup sizes often wears wrap styles and they look good on her, so I think that must be the secret - they are only good for buxom lasses.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Samantha

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2018, 10:08:37 AM »
I'm going to attempt to enter this if this fabric is acceptable?

Manuela

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »
I'm going to attempt to enter this if this fabric is acceptable?

I see lots of flowers @Samantha, so it's absolutely fine  :flower:

Samantha

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
@Manuela thank you, was hoping the foxes might mean not allowed  :D no excuse now then!!

UttaRetch

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2018, 14:40:22 PM »
Weren't you going to use that fabric for a wedding outfit @Samantha?

Samantha

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2018, 15:55:29 PM »
@UttaRetch  yep! The wedding is in August, I need to have it done before mid July due to holidays so thought if I join in with this it might make me more motivated and speedy! The last outfits I made for a wedding I was sewing up my husbands's that morning! (It was just a pocket handkerchief  :D)

b15erk

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
Late to the party here, but I've started to tidy the stash, and I've come across so many lovely florals which need using, that I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. 

Do bear with me though, I'm not a good joiner-in of things, and do tend to forget that there are rules - and deadlines!

I'm thinking of Butterick 5536, and The Amelia Tea Dress. 

Just need to find suitable fabrics now :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.