The Sewing Place

Look what I did with my scraps! (garment, accessories, quilts) competition

Kwaaked

Haha, the rules keep me out.  Anything gets saved and pieces made from 4X7 pieces are good to go for blocks.

I hand sew economy quilts.  With any and all sundry scraps left over.

Manuela

Sorry to be a pernickety so and so, but if you’ve got several scraps of the same fabric, each of which is less than the given size, can you use them all in a project or only one of them?

You can use them all, but please post pictures of them

Efemera

I love scraps... anything over an inch is kept, I love scrappy quilts.

Manuela

I was looking forward to this but i don't quilt and any scrap less than a fat quarter tend to go into the charity bag for shredding. All my scraps left over from other projects tend to be at least 1/2 metre due to the fact you often have to buy fabric in full metres when you need less. So i will have to pass up on this.

Let's see how we can utilise leftover fabric like that into the upcycle/recycle challenge later this year  :)

DementedFairy

Well if it's good enough for Chanel

or Jasper Conran

Or this African print beauty
C'est moi!

Sakar

A scrap competition, what a wonderful idea!!!!  0_0
What a shame that there is really no time left for sewing atm.  :P
But I have started to work with my scraps about 3 weeks ago, I would like to make a "sales check" or "receipt" quilt. But it won't get finished in 4 weeks  ;)

Bodgeitandscarper

I really, really love the colours of this one - I never seem to have co-ordinating colours though...

DementedFairy

I really, really love the colours of this one - I never seem to have co-ordinating colours though...
Get creative with some dilute bleach...this looks very bleached to me
C'est moi!

Sandra

The African print dress is gorgeous.  <3  I love that one.

It's got a vintage look about it.

Sandra.
xxx

DementedFairy

This one from my steampunk SWAP 2 years ago was made from scraps and an upcycled RTW skirt
C'est moi!

BrendaP

Lots of food for thought there.

The African print dress would need about 150 x 6"x6" squares.  I might have enough stash fabric scraps but probably not in colours and patterns that would blend together successfully :S
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

BrendaP

3. Sewing starts on May 11th and ends on June 10th - you can plan and prepare before the starting date
4. Please put your submission post with pictures up here by June 15th

Those are the same dates as for the Floral competition.  Are they running concurrently? or have you done my usual trick of copy and pasting without making the intended changes?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.

Manuela

Those are the same dates as for the Floral competition.  Are they running concurrently? or have you done my usual trick of copy and pasting without making the intended changes?

@BrendaP , they are running concurrently  :)

Manuela

Oh my word, I looooooove that patchwork. Thank you @DementedFairy for posting the images, off to have a look at the images of the Chanel show....

BrendaP

@BrendaP , they are running concurrently  :)

Gosh, that's a lot ot get done in a month :S  We'll see -<