The Sewing Place

Look what I did with my scraps! (garment, accessories, quilts) competition

Manuela

Oh great @Sandra the first entry  :)

BrendaP

My entry is made, it just needs to be photographed.  Hopefully we'll get that done tomorrow.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lowena

Gosh @BrendaP  you're like a little whirlwind....no stopping you  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

BrendaP

Well, here are the photos!  I am still wearing that creation though I'm not sure if it will ever go much further than the garden!  though I might wear it to craft club for a laugh.  0_0

It's foundation pieced - and the backing fabric was way bigger than a fat quarter, but it was a scrap; taken from a large duvet back.  DD who makes curtains and soft furnishings gave me three of them.  She presumably had a job which needed the fronts to match someone's bedding.  I took out the two lightest colours from the original pile of scraps, but there are still about 50 different fabrics in there.  Because it's double throughout it is quite a substantial fabric.

I used Simplicity 2449.  In theory the bias cut folded yoke should have been enough to hold the skirt up, but I know from experience with a similar yoke in stretchy trousers that doesn't work, and anyway the piecing stopped any bias stretch, so I included an elastic waistband.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

wrenkins

I love it!  :loveit:
Why would you not wear it? It's great!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

DementedFairy

Bloody gorgeous!  Why save it for the garden?
C'est moi!

Lowena

Triumph of hope over experience :D

SewRuthieSews

Wow that's amazing! Wear it with joy :-)

I would quite like to make a tee shirt from multiple fabrics but suspect that garment pieces wouldn't meet the size guidelines. I have saved a bunch of scraps from the things I sewed which were brown based fabrics.

Manuela

Wow that's amazing! Wear it with joy :-)

I would quite like to make a tee shirt from multiple fabrics but suspect that garment pieces wouldn't meet the size guidelines. I have saved a bunch of scraps from the things I sewed which were brown based fabrics.

@SewRuthieSews  post a picture of your scraps and let's see  :)

Manuela

Today is the last day of sewing, please don't forget to put your pictures up here by June 15th  :)

Acorn

This is - obviously - not an entry, but I had an overwhelming feeling that our very own TSP bear, made by Vegegrow from the tiniest of scraps (provided, if memory serves me correctly, by Iminei) ought to be present on this thread.

Vegegrow certainly deserves an honourable mention.  She would have been a force to be reckoned with in this competition!

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

Absolutely !!!

but haven't you forgotten someone else ???

Linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

Last call to submit an entry with pictures. The photos should be up by today, I'll put the voting thread up tomorrow.

Manuela

The voting thread is up, you'll find it here:

Look what I did with my scraps! voting thread