The Sewing Place

Kelly Clarkson is one of us.

Pearl

fajita

Re: Kelly Clarkson is one of us.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »
I didn't see any mention of quilts on that link.

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 07:41:04 AM »
I saw the quilts but I have no idea who any of the people are.  0_0 Good for her anyway. They look lovely and a lot of thought went into them as she personalised them.  :flower:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

fajita

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 07:46:31 AM »
Ok, I have seen them now. What a nice thought to give them as gifts to her co-workers.

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »
I didn't see any mention of quilts on that link.

???  What are you seeing, @Fajita ?  Kelly Clarkson made quilts for the other judges on The Voice.

Edit cross posted with Fajita.

fajita

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 07:50:19 AM »
???  What are you seeing, @Fajita ?  Kelly Clarkson made quilts for the other judges on The Voice.

First time I looked it was a video of a singer talking about how she was the daughter of a pastor and some sort of rift in the family.

But next time I looked I could see the photographs of the quilts.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
They're just squares with a border.....
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 18:42:47 PM »
Just squares with a border? Counts with me! She made her first quilt last year and if you take a close look most of those corner intersections are pretty near perfect if not perfect. Picked out fabrics that related to each recipient. Plus her "stitch in the ditch" quilting is better than mine. I call mine "stitch near the ditch" because I stink at quilting.

Thanks Pearl! Fun little story.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Snowgoose

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »
I think those quilts are gorgeous  :)  Such pretty colours and personally, I Iove that they are squares, I actually prefer this to more complicated patterns, more restful  8) plus, it gives hope to those of us who would love to make a quilt but can't manage to understand the maths involved in anything twisty and turny  :'(

I actually feel I could try a 'Kelly Quilt' one day  :D

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 09:56:38 AM »
I like the twisty turny intracacies but I'm planning on making three quillows (secret pillows) for teens for 'you know when' and I think the squares would work a treat. I'll choose appropriate fabrics according to taste, age, hobbies and pastimes and I think they'll love 'em. All they do is eat and sleep anyway so food and beds will feature heavily.  0_0 Maybe the odd tractor...
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Pearl

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 16:47:51 PM »
I'd like to see the one that she made for Alicia Keyes "based on purple hues and family", sounds right up my street.