The Sewing Place

Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition

jen

Re: Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 16:29:53 PM »
Turquoise or teal would be a possible in that I have a suit made ages ago, which I find too ‘good’ to throw out, but which lacks friends. It’s a tweed with turquoise, mustard and a brownish flecks in it. OTH I don’t have a stack of fabric that fits with it. I’ll mull this over.

DementedFairy

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 16:50:21 PM »
I'm getting some inspiration- as the colour images worked for me last time, how about these?

Green and blue, linked with black and white...to make and wear through this summer
C'est moi!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 22:07:57 PM »
Very late to the party and once sewing starts I am away until after the BH weekend, however I could start thinking as I love wardrobe sewing!!
 :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2018, 01:35:03 AM »
Very late to the party and once sewing starts I am away until after the BH weekend, however I could start thinking as I love wardrobe sewing!!
 :D

Ruthie, the party just started. Might I add, Yay!!! Ruthie's here. Besides, you are such an excellent and might I add quick Sewist you could start about October 1st and be done in time. Three previously sewn items-you've got those nailed.  :toast:

I'm giving this a good think after I finish up a couple of projects. The time frame suits me quite well. I have too many plenty of patterns, an overflowing adequate fabric archive, time, etc. Also an aching back and neck but we can work around those right? For the SWAKOP cause and all.

@Manuela should we ruminate about our plans here, start a Dear Diary thread or plop the info somewhere else?
The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath. w.c. fields

Manuela

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:48 AM »
@Renegade Sewist, you can do either, have a thread in the member's diary section, post here, or both. The initial/updated plans and final submissions need to be posted here though.

@SewRuthieSews, welcome to the party  :D

DementedFairy

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2018, 10:40:59 AM »

@Manuela should we ruminate about our plans here, start a Dear Diary thread or plop the info somewhere else?

I would think that separate diaries would be more readable, mentioning SWAKOP in the title, but encouraging comments to be made here for conversation p[urposes.  It's how it's done on Stitcher's Guild...no one but the diarist writes in their diary thread, chat in the main one.  How does that sound?
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »
I’m really excited about this competition as I definitely need a bit of wardrobe planning! My mother was highly amused at me when I went to stay with her for 3 days earlier this year and took a coat and 2 jackets! It made me think about what I should be planning!

I am currently making https://www.sewdirect.com/cgi-bin/sh000003.pl?WD=6333%20butterick&PN=Butterick%2d6333%2ehtml#SID=923
so I will probably include it as a wild card. I then will have to pause in wardrobe planning to make a dress for my niece’s wedding- fabric already bought and not something that will fit with the rest.
Anne
🤗 Formerly known as Anne Martine

Fabric Lover

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »
This is the fabric for the shirtdress linked in my last post. It’s a sort of lightweight viscose, think it’s working!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:58:19 AM by Fabric Lover »
Anne

Manuela

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
I would think that separate diaries would be more readable, mentioning SWAKOP in the title, but encouraging comments to be made here for conversation p[urposes.  It's how it's done on Stitcher's Guild...no one but the diarist writes in their diary thread, chat in the main one.  How does that sound?

I never liked that....
Many of us have their own diary thread on here, so why not use it. Alternatively, participants can post here. It doesn't make sense to have two sewing diary sections here.

DementedFairy

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
I only meant to use the sewing diary section...I have three [I think] one was for the SWAP, one for the wedding dress [in bridal section] and one for non-SWAP.  We're so chatty here the threads can get really hard to follow lol
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 13:31:53 PM »
Manuela, do we have to declare our plans now or can this be something which develops as the year goes on?  I’ve got a half plan in my head but there’s not much detail in it   -<
Anne

Manuela

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 14:25:00 PM »
Manuela, do we have to declare our plans now or can this be something which develops as the year goes on?  I’ve got a half plan in my head but there’s not much detail in it   -<

I'd rather you post your plan here, once you're ready, you can change it as often as you want/need to...  ;)
That way we'll have all the plans in one place. You can document your progress in a member's diary thread or here...

Manuela

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 14:27:41 PM »
I only meant to use the sewing diary section...I have three [I think] one was for the SWAP, one for the wedding dress [in bridal section] and one for non-SWAP.  We're so chatty here the threads can get really hard to follow lol

Ahhh, got you. I do like that chatty part though, it's a great way to spark each other off and get creative  :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 14:35:33 PM »
hell yeah but there can be pages in a day, so if we were all also charting progress here...it gets tricky to follow one another.  Meh.  It'll work itself out :D
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2018, 15:08:28 PM »
I'd rather you post your plan here, once you're ready, you can change it as often as you want/need to...  ;)
That way we'll have all the plans in one place. You can document your progress in a member's diary thread or here...
Ok here goes:
Group 1 -
Jacket or cardigan
Long sleeve top/shirt
Pencil skirt

Group 2 -
RTW casual jacket in suedette
Sleeveless top
Closet case jeans either beige or blue denim

Group 3 -
Butterick 6026 Katherine Tipton shirt in evening fabric (already made)
Silk sleeveless shell top
Wide leg evening pants

Possible wild card - Butterick 6333 

Manuela- does this conform to the rules?

Anne