The Sewing Place

Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition

Fabric Lover

Re: Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »
I’m really excited about this competition as I definitely need a bit of wardrobe planning! My mother was highly amused at me when I went to stay with her for 3 days earlier this year and took a coat and 2 jackets! It made me think about what I should be planning!

I am currently making https://www.sewdirect.com/cgi-bin/sh000003.pl?WD=6333%20butterick&PN=Butterick%2d6333%2ehtml#SID=923
so I will probably include it as a wild card. I then will have to pause in wardrobe planning to make a dress for my niece’s wedding- fabric already bought and not something that will fit with the rest.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Fabric Lover

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »
This is the fabric for the shirtdress linked in my last post. It’s a sort of lightweight viscose, think it’s working!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:58:19 AM by Fabric Lover »

Manuela

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
I would think that separate diaries would be more readable, mentioning SWAKOP in the title, but encouraging comments to be made here for conversation p[urposes.  It's how it's done on Stitcher's Guild...no one but the diarist writes in their diary thread, chat in the main one.  How does that sound?

I never liked that....
Many of us have their own diary thread on here, so why not use it. Alternatively, participants can post here. It doesn't make sense to have two sewing diary sections here.

DementedFairy

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
I only meant to use the sewing diary section...I have three [I think] one was for the SWAP, one for the wedding dress [in bridal section] and one for non-SWAP.  We're so chatty here the threads can get really hard to follow lol
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 13:31:53 PM »
Manuela, do we have to declare our plans now or can this be something which develops as the year goes on?  I’ve got a half plan in my head but there’s not much detail in it   -<

Manuela

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2018, 14:25:00 PM »
Manuela, do we have to declare our plans now or can this be something which develops as the year goes on?  I’ve got a half plan in my head but there’s not much detail in it   -<

I'd rather you post your plan here, once you're ready, you can change it as often as you want/need to...  ;)
That way we'll have all the plans in one place. You can document your progress in a member's diary thread or here...

Manuela

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 14:27:41 PM »
I only meant to use the sewing diary section...I have three [I think] one was for the SWAP, one for the wedding dress [in bridal section] and one for non-SWAP.  We're so chatty here the threads can get really hard to follow lol

Ahhh, got you. I do like that chatty part though, it's a great way to spark each other off and get creative  :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 14:35:33 PM »
hell yeah but there can be pages in a day, so if we were all also charting progress here...it gets tricky to follow one another.  Meh.  It'll work itself out :D
C'est moi!

Fabric Lover

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 15:08:28 PM »
I'd rather you post your plan here, once you're ready, you can change it as often as you want/need to...  ;)
That way we'll have all the plans in one place. You can document your progress in a member's diary thread or here...
Ok here goes:
Group 1 -
Jacket or cardigan
Long sleeve top/shirt
Pencil skirt

Group 2 -
RTW casual jacket in suedette
Sleeveless top
Closet case jeans either beige or blue denim

Group 3 -
Butterick 6026 Katherine Tipton shirt in evening fabric (already made)
Silk sleeveless shell top
Wide leg evening pants

Possible wild card - Butterick 6333 

Manuela- does this conform to the rules?

Manuela

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 15:18:02 PM »

Manuela- does this conform to the rules?
Does any of your groups coordinate with one other group? If the answer is yes, you're fine when it comes to the rules.  :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 15:20:19 PM by Manuela »

Fabric Lover

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 16:46:00 PM »
Does any of your groups coordinate with one other group? If the answer is yes, you're fine when it comes to the rules.  :)
It will do - I’m planning for Groups 1 and 3 to coordinate. My one concern is the wild card but if that won’t work I could replace it with something else.

Kwaaked

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 17:06:50 PM »
I'll save my planning for when I get it more or less coordinated.  I seriously doubt all of you want to see 40+ catwalk looks, the evolution to what I want to wear, patterns to match/draft and the several rounds of fabric choices not to mention the whole "inspiration" of he collection BS.  I could fill several pages on just my own plans, lol.

But question:  I do an actual mood board in real life...would it be okay if I wind up taking a pic of that mess and then listing my plans in word form?  Cause if not...well, I have mentioned I am insane.

Manuela

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 19:11:48 PM »
But question:  I do an actual mood board in real life...would it be okay if I wind up taking a pic of that mess and then listing my plans in word form?  Cause if not...well, I have mentioned I am insane.
That'll be perfectly fine  ;)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 23:49:39 PM »
It will sort out.  :loveit:  I'll start a diary at some point. Later I'll put up a plan here, as at the moment it would be:
  • Group 1: 3 garments
  • Group 2: 3 garments
  • Group 3: 3 more garments, best go with other stuff
  • Wild Card: something else to wear with the rest.  ><

It's slightly more evolved than that but I need to pin some things down.

@Kwaaked a photo of your mood board would be lovely. I've forgotten; do you have a blog where you could post your abundant research if it feels like too much for here?

Regardless of how this all shapes up it will be fun. It already is!!! :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kwaaked

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 02:36:49 AM »
It will sort out.  :loveit:  I'll start a diary at some point. Later I'll put up a plan here, as at the moment it would be:
  • Group 1: 3 garments
  • Group 2: 3 garments
  • Group 3: 3 more garments, best go with other stuff
  • Wild Card: something else to wear with the rest.  ><

It's slightly more evolved than that but I need to pin some things down.

@Kwaaked a photo of your mood board would be lovely. I've forgotten; do you have a blog where you could post your abundant research if it feels like too much for here?

Regardless of how this all shapes up it will be fun. It already is!!! :toast:

I do and don't.  The one I have is in the process of being shut down and the business one isn't up yet.

I'm sure I could get it posted somewhere, but usually it's a tl;dr no one curr type of process.