The Sewing Place

Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition

wrenkins

Re: Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2018, 16:11:15 PM »
Oh my.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Manuela

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2018, 23:56:10 PM »
@Francesca that's a tricky one. You could add a top to the group though, ideally each group creates complete oufits. Hence it's best to keep dresses in a separate group or use as wild cards. Making more than the given number of garments is fine with me.

renita

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
@Francesca I might be doing the same thing and sewing my own little plan well beyond the finish date.  After getting to spend two lovely months with my nieces, who were visiting Australia from the USA, I'm well behind on my sewing plans.  We still have mostly two months though, so there's still hope?

@Manuela can you please clarify something for me as I'm feeling I might be off-track?  In some of the earlier posts, you mentioned that having two tops would be okay in a group, but then you recently mentioned that a group should make a complete outfit.  At this stage, not all of my groups have two uppers that I could wear at the same time, like a shirt and jacket. Some have two shirts.  Should I be rethinking my groups to have an under, an over and an over-over?  Or are trousers with two different shirts making up a group still okay?

Manuela

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »
@Manuela does knitting a garment count?  >:) I have to sew the front and back together, and sew the sleeves in...

@Francesca yes, it does  :)

Manuela

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2018, 12:05:55 PM »
@Manuela can you please clarify something for me as I'm feeling I might be off-track?  In some of the earlier posts, you mentioned that having two tops would be okay in a group, but then you recently mentioned that a group should make a complete outfit.  At this stage, not all of my groups have two uppers that I could wear at the same time, like a shirt and jacket. Some have two shirts.  Should I be rethinking my groups to have an under, an over and an over-over?  Or are trousers with two different shirts making up a group still okay?

You're over-thinking it  ;)
An outfit can be a top and a bottom:
two tops and one bottom = two outfits
one top and two bottoms = two outfits

either way is fine  :)

Manuela

« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »
Question to everyone participating:

Who wants a deadline extension?

Many of us live busy lives/sew slowly/decided late/changed plans (chose one or several options) and nobody really likes sewing under pressure. SWAKOP is a huge undertaking for most, so I'd be only too happy to extend the deadline.
Let me know what you think about is and how much more time (weeks/months) you think would be appropriate.

Kwaaked

« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2018, 16:18:52 PM »
@Manuela I would, but I don't know if it will make a difference.  My father in law is dying, so a lot of mine will depend on Mr K...he is a combat vet with PTSD and I'm not expecting his dad's death to go well.  (On the other hand, being at the studio all day, every day may also happen.)

Manuela

« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2018, 22:03:09 PM »
How about finishing on December 10th? Not too close to Chirstmas, and it gives you almost 6 weeks extra time.

Please comment here  :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2018, 22:06:39 PM »
End of October will suit my plans as it's an autumn wardrobe, I'll be making different stuff by christmas!  This stuff may be wearing out by then [or with free school dinners, be too tight!]
C'est moi!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2018, 23:39:02 PM »
Question to everyone participating:
Who wants a deadline extension?

Me please Miss.
Work is bonkers and I've got sidetracked with red things, then have holiday, more bonkers work with 2 weekends working as well etc.....
However don't wait for me if I'm the only one as I'll plough on sewing anyway, its just fun to join in.

Manuela

« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2018, 00:14:38 AM »
Could we maybe allow extra groups of clothing to equal extra brownie points when it comes to voting? I know it's subjective. But that would allow DF to wrap up her autumnal wardrobe and then tack on a few groups to make it a seasonal wardrobe that can extend into winter... and hopefully voters would consider that extra work when they voted? We could have multiple different categories to vote for maybe. Most garments/groups, best design, best colour scheme, best effort etc (best time management? haha) so that people can be rewarded for different things?

Now that's an excellent idea @Francesca
Those who finish on October 31st will get an e tra x-votes bonus (the exact number to be decided) foe finishing early. Submission posts need to be up by November 5th

Those who finish on December 10th won't. Submission posts need to be up by December 15th.

Thoughts please everybody  :)
Do you want a November 30th extension deadline, or is December 10th fine?

mudcat

« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2018, 04:53:58 AM »
I would love a deadline extension. I was gone most of August and will probably not even start until the weekend after next since Mr MC is leaving town again early next week until the end of the month so I want to spend the weekend hanging out with him.  Then I'll have three weekends with minimal obligations and our weather will finally not be so uncomfortably hot.

Dec 10th would be nice but the end of Nov works too. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:55:49 AM by mudcat »

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2018, 05:39:43 AM »
Dec 10th would be nice but the end of Nov works too.

Considering I'm just this week actually making my plan...cough...after verifying that we had until Oct. 1 to post such news, I'm happy with whatever date you want Manuela.

We could have multiple different categories to vote for maybe. Most garments/groups, best design, best colour scheme, best effort etc (best time management? haha) so that people can be rewarded for different things?

Don't forget got the latest start planning...cough... :ninja:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

renita

« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »
Thanks Manuela - I shall stick with my plan as it is then (barring any major catastrophes).

I'm too new to this and don't really have any idea about the extension - I'm only 40% complete at this stage but was preparing to get stuck into the rest to meet the original deadline. 

I'm happy to do whatever you tell me to do Manuela  :D

Manuela

« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2018, 14:19:25 PM »
I actually like the idea of an early bird bonus for meeting the original deadline... With the extension more people will be able to finish and those who submit their entries earlier get a little reward...
If nobody objects to this in the next few days, I'd be more than happy to implement the changes.

We're doing something as big as this for the first time here, and it'll hopefully become an annual event.