The Sewing Place

Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition

renita

Re: Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - SWAKOP our first wardrobing competition
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2018, 06:09:27 AM »
@SewRuthieSews yay!  Terrific work.  I love the variety in the prints and you have some great jacket options.  I think it's acceptable to have a second wildcard, based on @Manuela's feedback that we could have up to 12 pieces.  I cut mine down to 11 in the end and also had 3 pods and 2 wildcards. 

@DementedFairy well done on the jacket - hope the final seam binding goes well.  Can't wait to see it.  Enjoy the new wheels and the holiday and hope to see some photos when you're back.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »
@SewRuthieSews yay!  Terrific work.  I love the variety in the prints and you have some great jacket options.  I think it's acceptable to have a second wildcard, based on @Manuela's feedback that we could have up to 12 pieces.  I cut mine down to 11 in the end and also had 3 pods and 2 wildcards. 

@renita thanks for letting me know about that, I was working off the basic rules post, so maybe that was some extra guidance given later I missed.

DementedFairy

« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2018, 08:59:20 AM »
we had a short break at Cheddar and Longleat, and by the time we got home I couldn't summon the energy to sew anything, so I didn't finish by the 'proper' deadline.  I'll sew on fora bit...
C'est moi!

Manuela

« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2018, 05:52:32 AM »
we had a short break at Cheddar and Longleat, and by the time we got home I couldn't summon the energy to sew anything, so I didn't finish by the 'proper' deadline.  I'll sew on fora bit...

You only missed the ‘early finishers’ deadline.... I hope you’ll sew on submit for the second deadline  :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2018, 22:21:28 PM »
right, suppose I'd better get everything out of the clean laundry basket and get it ready for a photoshoot?
I've been wearing most of the knit tops.

DementedFairy

« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2018, 22:25:50 PM »
THE JACKET IS DONE!  THat was an epic- the fabric is so gorgeous I didn't want to make just any old jacket out of it, but wanted it to go with the purple/green check Okistyle skirt, so it needed simple quirkiness...the Oki jacket pattern wa s a total bust, and this Style Arc one has worked out very nicely, except for the need for a tidy clean finish inside an unlined jacket...lots of Liberty binding later, careful handsewing, unpicking the bound sleeve hems and shortening TWICE etc etc and it's done.  Blogging it tomorrow, along with another recent make or two.  If all the pieces add up for my SWAKOP I'll take the pics fr that too, and keep sewing at my leisure lol
C'est moi!

Manuela

« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:08 AM »
So, we have two early finishers, congratulations to @renita and @SewRuthieSews.
Looking forward to everybody else’s submission closer to the extended dealine  :)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2018, 01:02:58 AM »
Looks like I will be sewing next week, but not on this. I've had other more pressing things to attend to recently and there's no way to get the printer set up before OH leaves Monday AM. He'll be back Fri PM and I though 5 days to sew. This snazzy printer weighs over 40 lbs and I can't lift it alone so my PDF patterns, my oh so simple to sew PDF patterns are not going to get printed in a timely fashion to do this now.

I still plan on sewing it up, mostly in December (maybe?) but it won't be happening now. So, looking forward to seeing what really got made!  :loveit:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kwaaked

« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »
Well, I am going to officially drop out.  My FIL got sick and made my time hard to find. 

Then earlier tonight, my mother died.  Yes, I know it's weird I am posting but I took care of her for the last nearly 5 years and am a loss on what to even do with myself right now.  I'd sew, but don't feel like it.  I'd make Thanksgiving...but don't feel like it.  And I know I'm just not going to finish the last 3 garments right now.

I do look forward to everything you guys got!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »
Thinking of you. 
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »
So sorry to read that, @Kwaaked.

Greybird

« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
So sorry to hear that @Kwaaked - you are certainly going through a bad time. Take care of yourself and will be thinking of you.

fajita

« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2018, 22:17:20 PM »
Oh, Kwaaked. My condolences. X

It's not weird to be on here. You're looking for non demanding distraction. That would be us!  Real life demands instant replies, we can speak and wait indefinitely.

:drink:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2018, 01:09:22 AM »
OMG! @Kwaaked . I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. You've been through so much this year; now this. Take care of yourself please. Remember to eat nutritious foods even if you don't feel like eating.

We're here for you.  :drink:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kwaaked

« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2018, 06:27:42 AM »
Oh I appreciate it.  Just been a weird day all around.  My mom's family doesn't know me, and a few don't even remember me so I spent the day being told what a stranger I was, how it was easier hearing it from another uncle, they knew I existed but not know me...and everyone was surprised I would call and tell them.  I mean, really?  I was raised with a bit of manners and occasionally have shown in family things I can use them.  Plus, I've been put down by that side for so many years, and have a sister that is Greed incarnate, I think they were all genuinely stunned I was actually not Satan in disguise.

It's got to me today, plus I am looking at a box of fabric we just ordered.