The Sewing Place

Alternative jumpsuit?

Efemera

Alternative jumpsuit?
« on: May 09, 2018, 13:14:30 PM »
 https://www.ellieandmac.com/collections/girls-romper-patterns/products/women-girl-vacation-romper-bundle

This seems to be the pattern of the moment on FB ...Not for me, what do you think

UttaRetch

Re: Alternative jumpsuit?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 13:20:59 PM »
More clown suit than jumpsuit. 0_0  I no longer have the figure for a jumpsuit and can't be sure that I would make it to the loo and disrobe in time.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 14:13:45 PM »
Not for me either.  The girlie one may be OK, but the grown up one is a no-no for me.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 18:27:27 PM »
Hideous and totally impractical.  Yeah right
C'est moi!

Bogwoppit

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 21:37:07 PM »
Festival attire for adults.
Great for young girls who like the swirlyness of skirts but do handstands and ride bikes.
I would have worn it as a student in the 90's.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 22:04:31 PM »
I couldn't be doing with being "hobbled" - surely it would have that effect as the crotch is somewhere below the knees?

lakaribane

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 14:23:06 PM »
I'm hardly ever on FB so was not aware of this pattern's popularity.

That said, if you are going to wear this much fabric on your bottom half, might as well go for a maxi dress!

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 14:30:14 PM »
The key is the excess fabric allows you to move quite easily.

Wouldn’t stop the chub rub though...

mudcat

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 20:12:16 PM »
I have two pairs of these style jumpsuits that I bought at a market at a BBQ festival in Sparks NV. They are made from the light weight cotton gauze that one often sees from India.  They're very colorful and so far I've only worn them in the summer on days I work from home. Not sure they'd work for public as they are impractical.  But they are super light and comfortable. I was sucked in by the lovely colorful prints.