The Sewing Place

Help please

ESnewtothis

Help please
« on: May 09, 2018, 13:35:54 PM »
Hi, complete beginner here, so please be kind! I was passed on this Crown Point Machine from a elderly family member. They can't remember how it works and I've had a play but can't seem to thread it correctly- any expert advice please! Will try figure out if I can add a photo!

StitchinTime

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 14:04:33 PM »
There's a free manual for a Crown Point machine available here (don't click download, click on the <<  and >> buttons to view the pages).

It might not be exactly the same as your model, but it might give you a hint as to how to thread it.

ESnewtothis

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »
 :D
Thank you, that looks exactly what I need! I'm excited to get started!

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »
It’s a slippery slope.....

Roger

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 17:44:25 PM »
I’ve heard very good things about Crown point machines... my local OSMG speaks very highly of them!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

arrow

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 18:29:40 PM »
I guess it depens upon model, it looks like Crown Point are part of the Japanese "deluxe" branded models sold under various names.  They vary from all metal and smooth running models, to plastic and on the noisy side. You might find the same model under New Home or Janome. Don't underestimate a machine like this, now and then they turn out to be a gem. Some are not worth spending time and money on to fix up. I assume its a model that would need a bit of oiling to run as it should again, and maby a clean out of the bobbin and feed dog area. If you post a picture you might be given more detailed feedback.

Best of luck :- )