The Sewing Place

Copa.....Copacabana!

Lolli

Copa.....Copacabana!
« on: May 09, 2018, 21:43:56 PM »
Well I finally did it  0_0

My daughter is so happy with it and that makes me feel really proud. She'll be wearing it at this Saturday's competition performing her Copacabana Song and Dance routine (I can confirm her hair will be in a neat bun on the day!)

Three mock ups needed before I got it right. As you all know the nude insert was a real challenge for me and I lengthened the body by 3cm. I made the sleeves by unpicking one of the original ones and making a pattern from it.....you never know, I might need to make more in the future.

Thank you to everyone who helped me, I know I was a pain at times asking a zillion questions. Some of you went above and beyond to help, I can't thank you enough  :loveit:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Acorn

Re: Copa.....Copacabana!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 21:50:37 PM »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 22:57:05 PM »
Well done @Lolli, your daughter looks great in that lovely outfit.

Stitches

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:21 AM »
Well done it looks fab

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 07:40:12 AM »
Well done Lolli, very impressive and your daughter clearly loves it.
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 08:48:50 AM »
Fabulous!!  Well done!

Your daughter looks amazing! 

I hope you made lots of notes and diagrams so that you can make lots more.  ;)

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sewingforfun

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:56:18 AM »
Oh wow!! That looks fantastic!!!! Well done you, and good luck to DD this weekend!
Dancing too much and trying to remember sewing is for fun! Used to be CarolC.

Lolli

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 20:28:35 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm so chuffed, can't wait to see her dance in it  :D

Yellowfeather

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 20:49:48 PM »
The costume looks fantastic, and your daughter looks lovely in it.  Well done with persevering, it was worth the effort.

Lollipop

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 22:32:10 PM »
Yay, well done you! She looks amazing and obviously loves it. :) Better watch out now, you will be in demand at dance school! I am so glad it all turned out so well. :loveit:
Was Sewnanny

Lolli

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 22:45:03 PM »
Yay, well done you! She looks amazing and obviously loves it. :) Better watch out now, you will be in demand at dance school! I am so glad it all turned out so well. :loveit:

Thank you, me too! I got it finished just in time which is a huge relief. To know it was a challenge but achieved it in the end, the fact she's so happy with it and it fits, is so satisfying. Phew!

Alangus

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 15:35:23 PM »
Well done, that looks amazing, it fits nicely round her waist and the nude insert sits nice and flat - no wonder she is pleased, its a triumph.

Catllar

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 20:49:14 PM »
Beautiful and a great model!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Marniesews

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 02:08:26 AM »
You got there! I knew you would, you're unstoppable.  :D Doing a great job for  your daughter and you've got so far so fast.

All the best for the weekend. Enjoy it all.  :) 0_0
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

eclectic

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 15:14:14 PM »
Hey @Lolli , you did it ... and what a great result!   :toast: and your daughter is gorgeous