The Sewing Place

Who are your favourite sewing bloggers...and why?

mudcat

Re: Who are your favourite sewing bloggers...and why?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 01:48:10 AM »
I have about 30 bookmarked (including DFs) that I look at maybe once a month since most of them post sporadically.  I tend to rotate them out when I get bored with them and find new ones.  Gayle Ortiz is one of my favorites (already mentioned by Efemera).  In the past I liked Communing with Fabric but she hardly posts anymore except on Instagram.  I also like Insouciant Stitcher as she plays with fabric which is one of my other interests.

Puzzler

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 07:17:10 AM »
I like Karen at https://didyoumakethat.com/

I have been reading her blog for a few years now and admire the way she has developed her skills. She does like to make several versions of the same pattern. Interesting to see the same garment in different fabrics though.

I also love Barb from Sewing on the Edge, mainly because I enjoy reading about her outlooks and comments on life. Looking forward to her new book too.

I’ll have to investigate some of the others mentioned. I’ve been spending too much time on sites dealing with depressing issues (going through upheavals currently).

Surest1tch

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 22:39:51 PM »
DF, because I think she's brilliant even though she does deny it.

Morgan

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »
Like most I'm very selective about the blogs I follow -

This one by Fiona is worth looking at periodically.

Diary of a Chain Stitcher

It's well organised, clearly written and includes useful information in addition to narrating a personal experience in a wider setting of an ongoing sewing improvement journey.

An example of write it down and track - done  and to do
A frequently updated listing of Indie Pattern companies and periodically she posts round-ups of the latest offerings