The Sewing Place

My latest love

Lowena

My latest love
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »
Really must get back to The Dark Side... but... I can't help but keep adding to my teddy bear family   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ellabella

Re: My latest love
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 13:28:10 PM »
Lowena if making bears is making you happy go with it.

Remember The Dark Side is Hotel California, you'll go back when you are ready.

The bears are gorgeous BTW.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 13:34:06 PM »
Thank you @Ellabella  I'm getting out my unfinished top of my Forest quilt, this afternoon to see how much more I have to do....... so long since I did any, I've forgotten  :|

maliw

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 18:02:24 PM »
Aw they are lovely and made me smile. If you are ever feeling down look at the little family and it will brighten your day.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 18:59:24 PM »
I noticed they had some needle felted animals in the sewing shop the other day, must be popular at the moment.
Are they a solid lump of felt, or are they stuffed?

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 09:43:22 AM »
Hi @Bodgeitandscarper  needle felting does appear to be "in " at the moment. I love it  <3
It is all solid, you start with core wool fibres and needle them into the basic shapes you require ( body, head, snout, ears, limbs ) then , if required, once they are firm you add coloured roving wool for the clothes or to change the colour of the creature. Then you felt the components together. It's very relaxing, easy to do and easy to undo mistakes......what's not to like ?  :D

LasAng523

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 19:09:20 PM »
They're really cute! I wish I had the patience to make any of these. My grandchildren would really appreciate it. I bought a couple of buddies from Ann: https://www.annthegran.com/landing/embroiderable/stuffed.aspx for their bithdays this year. It would surely pay off to try and get them involved next time and create them myself.

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 20:59:41 PM »
Thank you, it's really addictive  <3