Silver Rose

Re: Ordered this today
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 13:56:40 PM »
And why not! A lovely assortment.
Still learning

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 14:09:45 PM »
What lovely fabrics!  Are they for you Cat?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 20:21:44 PM »
Yes, for me, but don't have any plans yet - just too much gorgeousness to leave lonely on a shelf. I really love the laser scuba and the panel is just yummy. The other two are a bit more traditional. I blame all this DF for introducing the Textile Centre on here.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

maliw

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 20:52:14 PM »
I blame all this DF for introducing the Textile Centre on here.
DF has a lot to answer for - not just the Textile Centre but StyleArc patterns too. My bank balance has suffered somewhat
due to DF's purchases and postings on here. ;)
A lovely selection of purchases for you too. I've been looking on TC website and so far have resisted temptation, so far--------
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 23:44:19 PM »
I only went on because a friend admired a dress I'd made from one of the TC fabrics and I was just looking to see if they had any more and then some rotten no good person shoved all these pieces in my bag! How very dare they??

Puzzler

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 08:56:20 AM »
I’ve purchased some great bargains from TC over the years. I just made a Style Arc Adeline  ‘wearable toile’ dress out of some viscose purchased last year. Pattern still needs tweaking but dress is fine for mooching round the house.

I love some their chiffon print fabrics these would require lining and I would think they’d be tricky to sew.

Starryfish

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »
Nice fabrics. Because people had said how much they like the Textile Centre stuff, I went to my local shop ( in Luton). I was severely disappointed in the fabric on sale, cheap tat mostly.

I can only think they save the good stuff for their online customers.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 22:15:12 PM »
So far I've not been disappointed with their fabrics, hope these are as good!

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 22:42:44 PM »
Lovely stuff! I've had quite a few nice pieces of fabric from the Textile Centre too.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 22:25:00 PM »
Fabrics arrived and have been speedily washed. They are all gorgeous - my favourite is the panel with the girl's face on it - I think a racer back  LDT will be great for that. The butterfly jersey is lovely and it says it wants to be a long side split dress. The other two are more problematic. The burgundy and navy needs to be something with sleeves but I don't want it to look over formal - in fact not formal, so maybe a cocoon shape something from StyleArc  and the laser scuba  is really funky and needs consideration - might make .... hmmmm don't know. ALL IN ALL - oops cap attack - a great haul!