The Sewing Place

Share the love!

Francesca

Share the love!
« on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »
Did you know that you can give "love" to fellow forumites? See the little heart next to your posts - this can be given to you by other members. See the little thumbs up/thumbs down? Just hit the icon (thumbs up hopefully) to give a little love :)

Vegegrow

Re: Share the love!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:12:26 AM »
Fran  I can't see the thumbs Where are they hiding ???
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:18:40 AM »
Fran  I can't see the thumbs Where are they hiding ???

Do you see them next to my name?

You won't see them against your own.

For me, I can see them for you.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 17:47:46 PM by Acorn »

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »
No I don't see them next to your name or anyone else's.. Fran I'm off out now so won't be able to reply to anymore questions   see you later 
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »
I've been told there was a minimum post limit before the thumbs were seen. This limit has now been removed so you should see them regardless of how many posts you have :)

C3PO

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 10:46:41 AM »
 :-[ Yes, it is now fixed!
Be excellent to one another

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 10:56:20 AM »
So is that like a "like" button for each post, or have I just indicated to Fran and C3PO I'm in love with them??? :o

Francesca

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 11:04:23 AM »
So is that like a "like" button for each post, or have I just indicated to Fran and C3PO I'm in love with them??? :o

It is for each person, rather than per post.

We can look into the possibility of a post-basis "like" button if people are interested - the software may have an option for it. If you post it in the suggestions thread then it will be noted :)

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
Thanks, Fran! Now you've told me I've been going around sending you all love.. Even C3PO - bless his little tin socks.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Vegegrow

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 15:29:06 PM »
I've been told there was a minimum post limit before the thumbs were seen. This limit has now been removed so you should see them regardless of how many posts you have :)
Thanks Fran thumbs now visible ( What a weird thing to say .. ;D)

Seapebbles

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 16:58:08 PM »
I’ve been searching about to learn all things technical and landed here as I was confused about the difference between liking a post, and giving someone a thumbs up (or heaven forbid thumbs down). 
As I understand it now...thumbs up/down applies to the individual, ‘like’ applies to the post  8), correct?

Francesca

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 17:25:11 PM »
Yep that's it!

jesster

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 17:21:04 PM »
For some reason, I'm not seeing the thumbs or buttons either.  I tried a hard refresh of the browser, which reloaded but no thumbs.   :'(  I'm using Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (64-bit) on Win 7 on a laptop.  Screen shot:

????

Bogwoppit

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 17:36:39 PM »
I can't see them either. There's a bit that say Yay Nay under Karma - is that it? I'm using Chrome via Android phone.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 06:05:20 AM »
I can't see them either. There's a bit that say Yay Nay under Karma - is that it? I'm using Chrome via Android phone.

@Bogwoppit , yes, that's it. Clicking the thumb up increases the count with the little green heart.

@jesster I'm using same Chrome on a late model Dell PC. You won't see it on your posts but on other members, hopefully, below their avatar and moniker.

@Francesca , I have no intentions of ever pressing that little thumb down. No no! But what happens when you do? Does it take one point away from the members total? I don't want to run an experiment on that to satisfy my curiosity.  :ninja:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.