The Sewing Place

Finally a (almost) finished project

Nicola1968

Finally a (almost) finished project
« on: May 15, 2018, 17:59:27 PM »
I’ve always wanted a reversible skirt of the type sold in White Stuff. I started Sew Me Something’s Viola last year when I was mid catastrophic breakdown. When I recovered I went back to full time work and then it was Winter. As I’m not working (kids needs) I dug this out to get it finished. At the back of my mind was some concern that I’d messed it up to the point of no return but it’s all done now except buttons and button holes.

They shall be done tomorrow and pictures shall follow (if I can work out how to do it.

I’m quite shocked that I can still sew

Nicola1968

Re: Finally a (almost) finished project
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 21:34:15 PM »
It’s all finished, have barely taken it off. I like it very much and would definitely make another.

https://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/146795

Nik

Sewgorgeous

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 22:07:25 PM »
That's really nice, the shape suits you.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 22:14:35 PM »
Congratulations! It looks quite nice on you. Feels good to finish something doesn't it? Especially after life throws all sorts of "extras" at you. I've only managed a pillowcase so far this year, but keep holding out hope for more. Your success encourages me.

Enjoy you nice new skirt.  :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:45:15 AM »
Lets see it then ....

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lizzy777

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
@Nicola1968

It looks lovely and I like the fabric too. I have bought a 'Sew me Something' pattern too but it is the Bianca Coat pattern which I am going to make later on when the weather starts to go a bit cooler.

It's a shame that the forum hasn't got a SWAP stash thread! Think a lot of us have too much stash.

Well done though at persevering with it.  :)

Lizzy

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:52 AM »
That looks very, very nice and it really suits you