The Sewing Place

Fabric search?

Surest1tch

Re: Fabric search?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 22:23:08 PM »
Fabric land has what is described as moss crepe suiting fabric, but moss crepe looks like this

That is so pretty, but it's not it I'm very tempted though

Surest1tch

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 22:28:56 PM »
To be honest Lizzy, I've been looking at Rio crepe, I've ordered a sample from Abakhan.  I don't recall the stuff I'm looking for having any stretch to it but I'm getting obsessed now

b15erk

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
What colour are you looking for SS?  I'm in the farbic shop this morning so I'll check out what crepes they have.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 19:38:59 PM »
I'm sorry Jessie, I haven't had time to get on the computer until now but next time you go if you wouldn't mind looking for me please, its whites, ivory/creams, reds, pale blues.
I even had a look where Abakhan is located last night as I got a nice sample from them, it's not the one but I like it  :D. How I'd love to get in that shop but DH says it's too far to go for a "lump of cloth"  :S, I was hoping there would be one in Bradford or Leeds but nope  :'(.

Efemera

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 19:44:26 PM »
There’s one in Preston

Surest1tch

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 19:47:22 PM »
He says it's over 100 miles away

Tamnymore

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 20:25:03 PM »
Is Manchester your nearest Abakhan @Surest1tch ? It's quite near Piccadilly station.  :devil: Also Fabworks is very near Dewsbury station - 10 minutes from Leeds. I don't know if Fabworks has what you want but they have a huge selection of lovely fabrics at good prices. Most of it is not on their website.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Surest1tch

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2018, 20:45:35 PM »
@Tamnymore as much as I'd love to clear off on my own, it'd be no good me going on the train because I'd go mad and buy so much I honestly wouldn't be able to carry it. I'm plotting now on how to get him to take me to Dewsbury's fabricworks, that's not as far  :D

b15erk

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 11:00:42 AM »
SS, I had a look on Saturday, but nothing looked useful.  However, I will look again next week, especially now that I have an idea of colours. 

Saturday was very busy in the fabric shop and so no-one available to help me root, next weekend should be quieter.  I think everyone turned out early to get home for The Wedding.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 11:56:52 AM »
Thanks @b15erk, I would appreciate that  <3

Surest1tch

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 18:37:06 PM »
Update on that fabric Minerva sent me.

I sent Minerva a rather short but very much to the point email telling them off about the misleading description.  Lo and behold they sent me a free returns label and were very apologetic.  It's made me feel really guilty now for having a go at them  :ninja:

Surest1tch

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 19:27:35 PM »
Update
Got a full refund including the postage, profuse apologies.  I also noticed they had removed the "suit weight" from the description.

Acorn

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 19:54:52 PM »
That is good - so often in a case like this, if you do manage to get a refund you see a company carrying on selling whatever it is with the original false description.  It certainly suggests a genuine mistake.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 20:37:31 PM »
Update on that fabric Minerva sent me.

I sent Minerva a rather short but very much to the point email telling them off about the misleading description.  Lo and behold they sent me a free returns label and were very apologetic.  It's made me feel really guilty now for having a go at them  :ninja:
Minerva offer free returns as a matter of course, you just need to print off a returns form which comes attached to the order dispatched confirmation email.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

b15erk

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:41 AM »
I had a look at my local on Saturday, but nothing was quite right.  It's a bit difficult to be specific, as fabric isn't in any particular order, just a vague 'sort of similar' order.

My little friend should be back next week (she's a photographer, and often has to do weddings on Saturdays), and she knows where EVERYTHING is!  :D

Jessie