The Sewing Place

Its very quiet in here ... Where are you all???

Iminei

Its very quiet in here ... Where are you all???
« on: May 21, 2018, 07:43:18 AM »
Hellllooooooo ... is anybody out there?????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

Re: Its very quiet in here ... Where are you all???
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
At 7:43 am I was still waking up! and Low is in Colchester.  Dunno about anyone else.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 10:29:13 AM »
I'm here. Snatching an odd 20 minutes here and there to stitch a bit of the binding on my Project Linus quilt.  Not far to go now, only one more corner to mitre.   We're going away for a week so you won't get to see it until we get back.
Life's too short for ironing.

twopence

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 15:04:07 PM »
Still beavering away finishing all my UFO’s so that I can start something new. Need to catchup on the BOM’s too but I’m still here.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 17:44:01 PM »
I'm around, still recovering from the weekend. Have to get round to cutting out for DGS2's quilt.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 23:06:13 PM »
I'm hoping to get to some potholders later today or tomorrow; sort of micro quilts. I've also been doing some major c****ing (shhh) around here and have found, in various parts of the house no less 3 or 4 quilt batts. At least one is queen size, plus a roll mind you of poly-batting. And several lengths of fabric that could be backs. I guess I've no more excuses not to use the quilt tops that are finished.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kenora

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 14:11:52 PM »
I'm still here but have my charity hat on atm. I've been turning my practice blocks into mini-quilts for preemie babies, and currently I'm sewing drain bags for ladies who've had mastectomies. <3

And also the weather's been so good I've had to grab the opportunity to do a bit of weeding  :angel: whilst being supervised by the  :meow:.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 14:16:00 PM »
I've completed the piecing for my By the Sea quilt, but I had to put it away because we had guests at the weekend.  I now have to add the borders and make the sandwich.   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 14:22:01 PM »
At the moment I'm busy knitting gender neutral baby clothes, at least I think they are gender neutral but DH insists they are 'a bit girly' so perhaps I'm trying to send a subliminal message to DD.

I have most of my fabrics and a plan for Project Linus but am waiting for DH to b****r off for a couple of days before I start sewing, hopefully next week.

I have just completed a ginormous  bean bag for DS.  The beans to fill it cost £35 and it could really do with a few more but he can sort that out. :S

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 17:04:29 PM »
Phew!!!

I thought it was just me (and Low ... but now even shes not here, as shes Cinderellaing for her XDIL) in here.

I know I havent been very here either as Im trying to get a march on with the village ... Which I think Im achieving ....

The Village

Entries have to be in by the end of May and I wanted to know there was an end in sight!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 20:24:56 PM »
Just back from holiday for husband’s 60th. ( How did that happen? - met him when he was 20!) We had a lovely holiday house in Angus and various members of the family came and stayed for a few days. We were so lucky with the weather! Home now for the foreseeable future, so will get round to posting PL quilt soon.

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 07:13:25 AM »
I'm here, for all the use I am, but I've been wandering around the light side and I don't understand any of it. Here we use little trinkets and bijoux of fat quarters. Over there you have to have great yoinks of stuff that barely fit on the washing line. Ask me how I know...  :[ And as for patterns.... ><
I like the Greengrocer's shop Imi.  <3
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »
ps @Sheilago my ex turned 50 last Summer. I was in bits.  :o I am a good bit older than he and the fact that my baby boy was that age was awful. He'd just turned 21 when I met him.  :loveit:
Daft old bat! Serves me right for cradle snatching!  0_0

pps did you know that when you edit a post, you can't tag a person in it?
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 08:36:57 AM »
pps did you know that when you edit a post, you can't tag a person in it?

It depends on how you do it!

If you use the pencil icon at the bottom of the post you get a 'quick edit' function, so not everything is available.  If you click on the green 'actions' button and choose 'modify' you get a full edit, and you can add tags.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 08:42:26 AM »
Ha! Thanks @Acorn.
It's a very sad day that you don't learn something.