The Sewing Place

Its very quiet in here ... Where are you all???

rubywishes

Re: Its very quiet in here ... Where are you all???
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
I've just finished my Jacobs' Ladder quilt.....and hate it, especially the binding which was sewn on and ripped off twice with the third attempt not showing any real improvement...yeuk....so last Sunday I bundled it into the car and drove to a family dinner determined to foist it onto one of my children so as not to come home with it: and I didn't! :devil:
I've just started dabbling with some spare fabric and thinking about having a go at  Ims' Twist and Twirl (black jobby). I've got one last couch in the house that needs a throw quilt. I've even spied some rather nice muddy blue batik on my shelf that might do a nice contrast feature like Ims' red.
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 14:33:36 PM »
God! I would've loved that quilt!!! No wonder you didn't come home with it!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

fajita

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 15:50:32 PM »
@rubywishes That quilt is gorgeous. Can't believe you wanted rid.

supergran

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 20:50:11 PM »
I love the quilt as well. I want one!  <3

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 23:24:24 PM »
I'm here lurking, not quilting - no time - up to eyes in frills.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sheilago

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 16:54:50 PM »
That quilt is gorgeous. I thought you couldn’t possibly be talking about that one and had to google ‘Jacobs ladder quilt’ to check. Whoever got it is very lucky!

rubywishes

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 21:06:53 PM »
That quilt is gorgeous. I thought you couldn’t possibly be talking about that one and had to google ‘Jacobs ladder quilt’ to check. Whoever got it is very lucky!
Nah, I never really felt the love for it while I was making it and I think that comes through in the finish I've done....particularly the binding. I was just interested initially in doing something traditional. But, done it now so I can tick that off my bucket list and move on. Glad it's gone to DD....it'll get used as a play rug by the GCs' and that's pleasing....at least it will get used. If I had kept it it would've ended up in a cupboard or the caravan!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!