The Sewing Place

New work bag

shadykittykat

New work bag
« on: March 17, 2017, 23:11:13 PM »
I'm starting a new job on Wednesday so thought a new bag was in order. It's taken me a whole afternoon and evening to get to this point ~ mostly made up with just the straps to do. I've decided I'm not a natural needle woman  0_0
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Lilian

Re: New work bag
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 23:52:35 PM »
What a great bag!  0_0  :vintage:

I have not ever made a bag, not like this anyway.  I may start to make some, especially now the 5p charge on plastic ones. 
Willing but not always able :)

Addict

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 06:01:08 AM »
lovely useful bag.

shadykittykat

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
What a great bag!  0_0  :vintage:

I have not ever made a bag, not like this anyway.  I may start to make some, especially now the 5p charge on plastic ones.

Thank you  :) I've never made a bag like this either, but I'd been looking at the patterns in the local fabric shop for a while and decided to take the plunge  :sew:
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

shadykittykat

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »
A lovely choice of fabrics. 
I doubt that anyone is a natural needlewoman (or man) but some of us have had the advantage of many decades of practice.  Even then not everything works out right.  By the look of this you've made a really good job of it, well done.
Life's too short for ironing.

shadykittykat

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
A lovely choice of fabrics. 
I doubt that anyone is a natural needlewoman (or man) but some of us have had the advantage of many decades of practice.  Even then not everything works out right.  By the look of this you've made a really good job of it, well done.

Thank you  :) I like the bag so hopefully I will get better with a couple of makes
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 13:44:10 PM »
I,ve seen that fabric before.  Very unusual and I love it.
It's not about working fast.  It,s about the end result and enjoying the process.   :) As Ploshkin said, many of us have been at it for longer than we care to remember.  But I can still make a mess of something basic and some afternoons I wonder what on earth I've been doing as I've accomplished nothing. :| ><  Enjoy using the bag, looks great.  And good luck in your new job.

shadykittykat

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 18:14:15 PM »
I,ve seen that fabric before.  Very unusual and I love it.
It's not about working fast.  It,s about the end result and enjoying the process.   :) As Ploshkin said, many of us have been at it for longer than we care to remember.  But I can still make a mess of something basic and some afternoons I wonder what on earth I've been doing as I've accomplished nothing. :| ><  Enjoy using the bag, looks great.  And good luck in your new job.

Thank you, the fabric is lovely, I got it from one of my local fabric shops. I'm quite nervous about the new job, It's going back to doing my old job (in a new place though) and I'm not sure if I still have the patience and ideas for it! It'll all work out though I'm sure  :)
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

shadykittykat

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 16:01:15 PM »
Put the handles on, I couldn't make sense of the instructions so just put them on as best I could. Quite fancy making another one now  :)
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 20:31:07 PM »
Lovely  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Snippet

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 21:17:03 PM »
That's lovely - great fabric too!

Good luck for Wednesday!!

shadykittykat

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 21:47:06 PM »
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

shadykittykat

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 21:48:02 PM »
That's lovely - great fabric too!

Good luck for Wednesday!!

Thank you  :)
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Pinkstar

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 21:10:28 PM »
Lovely bag, hope you are enjoying your new job.