The Sewing Place

MOB Rule

DementedFairy

MOB Rule
« on: May 24, 2018, 20:33:45 PM »
Doc-daughter  is now well and truly engaged [with a rock the size of the ruddy moon]
I am now having to fend off her attempts to tell me what to wear, so I've been a-browsing.  Just found it, and ordered it from the USA [hope I don't get hit with bloody customs again]
What do you think?

I've got lots of lovely silk chiffons bookmarked on eBay and Stone Fabrics, and have been pondering hats

previous contender was this one, but now fades into insignificance
fabrics are still in the running though
C'est moi!

BrendaP

Re: MOB Rule
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 20:41:25 PM »
Yes I like it.  0_0

The spiky feathered hat GAH29 would go well with the points around the hemline.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 20:42:50 PM »
For a fleeting (and confusing) moment I thought you were saying that you'd ordered a dress from the USA.   -<

I love the pattern.  I don't think I can see you in shell pink  ;) but I see that's not what's on your mind.  And all of the hats are wonderful.

Very nice!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 20:48:57 PM »
blue, blue/green, blue/grey or a floral print.  No pastels.  Maybe lilacy shades or greeny shades.  Have seen some STUNNING silk chiffons...some of which would make her have a heart attack
C'est moi!

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 20:53:00 PM »
I really love all of those.   :loveit:

The bottom right one probably has the edge for me, but it's marginal.  I think both of the ones on the right would look great with your hair colour.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 21:08:09 PM »
Good pattern - are you going for the longer version?  although I do like the spikey points on the shorter one. I like the black and white in your last post.

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 21:47:24 PM »
Love the pattern. And those are PROPER hats!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 22:44:03 PM »
Beautiful! I like the longer version in any of those fabrics.

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »
@DementedFairy: the pattern is very you.  Love the spikey hat and know you will do your hair PROPERLY ;)  Any of those fabrics would work for you, but I love the big florals of the first 'swatch'.

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
The pattern is gorgeous, and I love the black and white floral fabric.  I love the trend for wide brimmed hats, I had a cost-a-fortune fascinator thing for DD's wedding, wore it for the photos, then it was off!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bowerbird

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 10:29:32 AM »
How exciting.

The dress looks fabulous, and your choice of fabric & hat will be perfect, you don't need my input on that. What will the Missus wear???

also congrats to the bride to be.  :toast:

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »
I must be alone in that I'm not a fan of the spiky feather hat :( All the others are gorgeous but that one looks to me like a war bonnet gone wrong.
Nope! Looks like shrapnel.
I prefer GAH57.
I also like the blue and white fabric but it depends on when the wedding is. That screams Spring to me.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »
I too like GAH57 the best, but can see DF in GAH29.

Catllar

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 00:05:56 AM »
Love the pattern and the blue bottom right fabric. Any of those hats are to die for! You planning to wear the dress with boots?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 01:01:12 AM »
I can see you in that dress, either length. Also most of those fabrics. What colors has the bride to be selected for florals, bridesmaids, table coverings, etc? I think it's lovely when the Mom's wear garments that play well with those. Not blend in but compliment or contrast, rather than clash. Looks more like some thoughts been put into it that way.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.