The Sewing Place

Good morning from the south coast.

cando

Good morning from the south coast.
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:06:21 AM »
Hi all.

I haven't touched a sewing maching in over twenty years, recently bought material to make blinds and curtains then realised I am out of my depth. So starting with a simple apron pattern.   Rather nervous.   :(

wrenkins

Re: Good morning from the south coast.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »
Hello and welcome Cando.  :toast:
I too am out of my depth and having a marvellous time on TSP. I hadn't sewn for years and now they've encouraged me to try allsorts!
Welcome to enablers' world.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »
Im sure you will be fine  ... its like riding a bike, if you've done it you Cando it ...

especially in the age of T'internet ... sooo many videos, tutorials and, of course, forums where peeps will be only too happy to help you with any fiddly bits!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 09:14:58 AM »
Welcome to the Sewing Place.

You're already doing the right things - coming here, and starting back on your sewing career with something simple.  I'm sure you will soon be making all sorts of things. :snip: :sew: 0_0
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »
Hello and welcome!

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 09:19:05 AM »
What a great positive name Cando!  A big Welcome from me too!

We'll soon have you sewing those blinds - and doing all sorts of other things too!

Has someone offered you a brew yet?

:drink:
Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

cando

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome.  No brew offered yet, so made my own  0_0

Having the net available will help me loads, it gives me a little more confidence.  I studied sewing at school but not sure I can remember it all.

My user name was easy to choose as my approach to life has always been "you want me to fit a bathroom?  yup I can do that in a morning".  (im not a plumber  :loveit: )

Ellabella

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:08 AM »
Welcome from me too.

It's amazing what a positive attitude can achieve.

If you get stuck there is usually someone on here who will be able to help.  There is an outstanding depth of knowledge in this forum and people often go to great lengths to help others. :angel:

Plus we are exceptionally good at enabling you to buy things :devil:

SkoutSews

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 10:06:02 AM »
Hi Cando and welcome to TSP.  It was blinds that brought me back to sewing, too.  Six of the blighters.  I'd almost worked out how to do it by the sixth....

That reminded me how much I used to enjoy sewing and now I'm really back into it.  There's loads of friendly advice here, good luck!

Snowgoose

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »
Hello from me and my little :woof: and  :meow:

Here is a lovely  :cake: and  :drink: for you!

I love your name and attitude  :D

This is a lovely place to come and learn but do lock away your credit card, hide the piggy bank and don't let the call of lovely new  :thread: :sew: :fabric: get to you - we really are all very good enablers  :devil:

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 12:38:26 PM »
Hello and welcome  :toast: hope you like it here!

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »
I haven't touched a sewing maching in over twenty years ... So starting with a simple apron pattern.   Rather nervous.   :(
Back to school, then. 0_0
Welcome.  You will find plenty of support and advice here.  Help yourself to  :drink: and  :cake:

Kenora

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 14:27:30 PM »
Hello Cando - nice to meet you, and welcome. Don't be nervous - it will all soon start to come back, and if you need help have a look at YouTube or come on here and ask a question. We don't bite!
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

maliw

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 15:00:26 PM »
Hello and welcome, make yourself at home. 0_0
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 15:23:36 PM »
Welcome cando.  You'll find lots of help and advice on here. 
I'm originally from Pompey.  Not too far away now.