The Sewing Place

UFO Attack!

b15erk

Re: UFO Attack!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:31 AM »
I'm in!!  I had a quick look this morning, and there were 6 just looking at me.  I think I have two problems 1)  I get excited about a new project, and intend to go back and finish the previous one, but don't quite manage it.  2)  I hit a snag, and start something else while I ponder on how to proceed.

Using this thread as my inspiration, I intend to either finish off the UFO's or re-purpose them.

There, I'm committed now!  ;)

My list includes:  Knitted dress; 2 knit tops; two blouses; lace blouse; all been waiting over 3 months.  There are more, but they are so deep in the pile that I can't remember them!  :|

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lyn-J

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 19:26:33 PM »
I'm pottering along, doing a little bit to this and a little bit to that, but I don't think I've actually finished anything!  :|

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 21:17:22 PM »
Reading this thread inspired me to start sewing up the cardi I hand knitted a couple of years ago.  Had to put it away again now though as we've let the Pupster back in the lounge and I'm sure the hanging ends of yarn would be far too much temptation... :woof:

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:46 AM »
OK, Bunnies are done and dispatched to their new owners.  Time to tackle the Pile.

Offhand, and just the ones I saw this morning, three four blouses, two dresses, and one top plus a current top which I cut out yesterday.

I'm going to finish them.  I like them all, but it seems I either hit a snag which needs to be thought about (then I forget to go back), or something else takes precedence. 

Here's to no more UFO's!!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sakar

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 13:41:48 PM »
Reading this thread just made me a bad conscience...  :\

... but in general, it's a great idea  :)

Which UFO's are hiding in our flat??

- "Tree quilt" (blocks are finished, border is missing)
- "Sun block swap" blocks (what to do with them?)
- "German see" blocks (what to do with them?)
- "Santa's Village" continue with applique
- "Star BOM" continue with the blocks

And then the current projects are also waiting for attention... ;)

b15erk

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
OK ladies and gents, I feel very proud to announce that my second blind (of a pair), is now hung.  After a couple of years marinating in the UFO pile, it's done!! I feel a very happy bunny!  :)

Also a blouse, made recently, but never finished off, is now hanging in the wardrobe.  As is a white top, which only needed facings tacking.  In fairness, this only got done because I wanted to wear it..... ;)

Also made a start on another blouse which may turn out to be a wadder, and a dress which needed only the neckline and hems doing - neckline now done, just the hems to sort out.

UFO attacks have entered a ceasefire period for the moment, as DD has asked for a Dorothy costume (WizOfOz) by the 20th!  Better get a shift on!

This thread is excellent motivation, thank you!

Jessie