The Sewing Place

New to here but was on TSF for several years

Addiscomber

New to here but was on TSF for several years
« on: May 28, 2018, 18:03:56 PM »
I expect some of you will recognise my user name. I haven't done any sewing for the last 3 years or so following a serious illness which knocked the stuffing clean out of me. However I became a Grandma last December and I am getting the urge to sew little girl's clothes, which is a novelty to me as we only had sons.

Sandra

Re: New to here but was on TSF for several years
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 18:12:43 PM »
Hello Addiscomber. I recognise your name, welcome to the forum.  :)

You'll spot plenty of names on here from the old place.

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 18:32:08 PM »
Hi Addiscomber.  Welcome and congratulation on becoming a grandma.  I look forward to seeing what you make for your granddaughter.   :)

eclectic

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 18:55:07 PM »
HI Addiscomber, you will enjoy the crowd... they are great fun and I bet you find loads of inspiration here for your new grandchild ... so glad you are feeling better enough to sew again .. nothing more theraputic than sewing something ...  :thread:

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 19:00:53 PM »
Welcome, Addiscomber.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 19:02:29 PM »
Hello and welcome from me  :drink:

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 20:02:03 PM »
Welcome Addiscomber.  I am sorry to learn of your ill-health over recent years, but hope you are now well enough to enjoy your grandchild.

Nevis5

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 20:30:15 PM »
Hello and welcome!   :toast:  Sewing for a granddaughter would be such fun!  Hope your health is improved now. 

fajita

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 22:55:36 PM »
Welcome @Addiscomber  :flower: :drink:

Stitches

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 07:00:45 AM »
Welcome Addiscomber  :drink: :cake:

Addiscomber

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 08:29:39 AM »
Thank you for the welcomes.

I can hardly wait to start sewing, but have to wait for measurements. If they are not forthcoming, nasty evil Grandma will have to be the one to pin the wriggling worm down whilst wielding the tape measure the next time we see them.

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »
A Big Welcome from me too AC!!  Lovely to hear that you have a new Grandaughter, and delighted that you have found us here!  Time to sew some Frocks!!  :D

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 11:50:38 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too, I remember you from the old place. Congrats on becoming a "granny" and glad you are feeling able to sew.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Elnnina

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:45:15 PM »
Hello Addiscomber,  welcome to our new home.  Yes I do remember you from a few years ago, you are the lady who helped me with an Elna for Arrow over in Norway.
Sorry to read  that your illness went on so long, and do hope that you are so much better now.  Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter, now go and enjoy making lots of clothes for her  also enjoy the process of getting back into sewing again.

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 13:56:36 PM »
Welcome from me too. I recognise your name from TSF because I used to lurk there a lot even though I was never a member. Glad to hear that your illness has abated enough to allow you to sew again. It's great fun sewing little frocks and bits and pieces for grandchildren, so enjoy. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath