Re: Black and White Jobby Inspiration
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 07:37:21 AM »
Beautiful in a calm and subtle way... Bravo Rubes !!  :toast:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

rubywishes

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 07:42:10 AM »
Beautiful in a calm and subtle way... Bravo Rubes !!  :toast:

Meh, or in other words....my words......Beautiful in a bland, cake with no frosting, sort of way! :)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 07:53:48 AM »
Not at all!!!!

The most subtle thing I have ever made was The Opus, which was right at the beginning of my quilting 'journey' (hate that expression but don't know what else to say to describe it)
As you know most of my efforts are BRIGHT and COLOURFUL and WELL IN YOUR FACE!

This on the other hand is understated and elegant ... as is the triangle quilt underneath it ... which is obviously much more your style!

So M'yeh to your M'yeh and no backsies!!!

rubywishes

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 04:50:40 AM »
Well here we are at a conumdrum......I have quilted some wavy lines approximately 4" apart and have started "filling them in". My question is... do I continue filling in at approx. half inch intervals or should I start to space them out, making them wider and wider apart as I move out to the edges? I'm not so sure this quilting idea is right for the top but I can't/won't undo it as it would kill the fabric (and my sanity) so I just need to make the best of it. Any ideas?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 08:10:34 AM »
Lovely quilting and it is right for the design ... I went for something very similar albeit by a professional longarmer ...
but for every bodies sake, not least yours .. do whatever you need to preserve your sanity!!!!

If it is a long term project (ie you coming back to it every few months) ... then certainly keep the waves close together ... but if you want it done and dusted, why not space them out towards the edges ... actually I think I would prefer that option now the idea has percolated through my brain!

Pearl

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 08:56:27 AM »
I agree.  Wider apart as you move to the edges would be more interesting, imo.