The Sewing Place

BurdaStyle?

b15erk

BurdaStyle?
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
Looking for something new for Lilya, I found Burda Girl's Wrap Dress 05/2012 #143, but didn't fancy tracing it again.  I've made it before for her, but didn't fancy (too lazy!) tracing the larger size.

Went on the BS website thinking that if it's only a few pounds, I'll print it off.  $5.99!!  For something I already have!  No chance, I will trace it off....

Also, there is only one style of dress on the pdf, whereas the BurdaStyle magazine has all the styles!

Not happy with BS.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

Re: BurdaStyle?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
Sorry Fran, didn't make myself clear.  The $5.99 was per pattern.  The picture shows two designs - a wrap dress and one with a yoke, but the payment is for the wrap dress only.  Just seems a lot of money for a single pdf from 2012.

Maybe it's just me being mean....  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

lakaribane

Re: BurdaStyle?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 14:07:36 PM »
The US site is all sorts of annoying. They've only just started to tag the PDFs by year and/or magazine issue, going back to 2010!!!

$5.99 is the regular price, but they sometimes have sales. I have a few freebies, need to check if they offer a single pattern or options. BRB!

I personally prefer the DE site because even the sleeve/envelop patterns are available as PDFs. Sooo jealous! I can't buy them but maybe you can?