The Sewing Place

Summer skirt in 2 different colours

Silver Rose

Summer skirt in 2 different colours
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:58:20 AM »
Cut out the lining for the tweed skirt so then proceeded to cut out the 8 panels, 4 of each cotton print   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   I even drew a diagram of the alternating panels then... after it was cut out I realised my mistake, I now have 2 identical 4 panelled pieces (front and back) but joined up there will be the same colours on the side seams. Not a disaster, I'll still have a pretty skirt but not as I originally planned it - or not planned it would be more apt. I should have flipped the 2 side back pieces I think. What a plonker :| Living and learning.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:01:18 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Acorn

Re: Summer skirt in 2 different colours
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »
I think that's one of those things that will look as though you intended it - and we won't tell anyone otherwise!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
It will look lovely!  Just the right fabric for a summer skirt, and we don't make mistakes, they are design opportunities!  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:20:32 AM »
The two different colourways look so summery and cool together. No-one else will notice the coinciding panels at the sides - just don't tell anyone! Looking forward to seeing the finished skirt.

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 09:35:03 AM »
Thanks folks, those huge pics are awful , trying to sort it out for next post. I have used both my phone and proper camera but both give huge results.
Still learning

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 12:47:39 PM »
Thanks folks, those huge pics are awful , trying to sort it out for next post. I have used both my phone and proper camera but both give huge results.
when you get the insert thingies to paste your pic into, go into the first one and after 'img' type 'width=350'
so it should look like this [img width=350] then your pic link [img]
C'est moi!

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 14:00:45 PM »
Thanks @DementedFairy I'll try that next time
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »
It is finished, going to wear it today. I am going to Norwich to see what is new at Anglian Fashion Fabrics. Also I hope to see the 3 juvenile peregrines as they perfect their flying skills around the Cathedral. Let's hope the trains are running OK.
Still learning