The Sewing Place

Junes OPP BOM

Bogwoppit

Re: Junes OPP BOM
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 00:00:50 AM »
Remembered to measure mine today, 13" finished (I put a boarder on it and measured inside the border). Who knows how that happened!
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
I think you've invented a new block there SG !!

And I also think it was very easy to get confused because of the markings on the template, which I'm convinced is for a 2 colour block (how boring!) ... Whatever, its a lovely block SG, run along and join us in the OPP BOM HOF now .....

:angel:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »
I think you've invented a new block there SG !!

And I also think it was very easy to get confused because of the markings on the template, which I'm convinced is for a 2 colour block (how boring!) ... Whatever, its a lovely block SG, run along and join us in the OPP BOM HOF now .....

Yes, I'm not sure what the markings on the template are about as the block on the blog is not two coloured, and even if it was, the large coloured parts would be one colour and the small parts would be the other colour.  Strange. 

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 09:12:38 AM »
Maybe you could add a note in your tut Pearl to explain that there ought to be 3 colours in each block and to ignore the markings ??

Pearl

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 09:18:00 AM »
Maybe you could add a note in your tut Pearl to explain that there ought to be 3 colours in each block and to ignore the markings ??

Done.   :)

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »
Excellent!

supergran

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 10:51:34 AM »
I think Pearl was very clever working the colours out herself in the first place. I'm going to have another go at it, without crayons as the shops are shut, so wish me luck.
Mine turned out at 13 1/2 inches. I didn't do any squaring up as it was PP'd.

supergran

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 18:43:33 PM »
Ok, here's mk 2. Couldn't wait for the shop to open tomorrow, so armed with a printout of Pearl's colouring in I just wrote the relevant colour names on the templates. I wish now I'd put a plain between the pink and the orangey one, but too late now.
This one measures 13 1/4 inches.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 09:02:41 AM »
Wonderful!!!

and I agree, a plain, a patterned, a plain ... or a warm colour, cool , warm

But you've cracked it SG, Bravo to you ... So whats the other block going to be called Supercard on Sangria ???

Whatever off you pop, let yourself into the OPP BOM HOF again ...

Kenora

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 00:05:26 AM »
I bought a cheap pack of felt tips specifically for colouring in FPP templates - it works really well. What isn't working so well is me getting round to trying this block - which I do want to do - the weather's been so good for gardening recently that that takes priority. It's not often I wish for rain (especially down here in Cornwall where we usually get too much of the stuff) but that's the only thing that's going to get me indoors and sewing. -<
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

mudcat

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 04:21:48 AM »
Your block so pretty, supergran.