The Sewing Place

Love Style Arc

blue mooney

Re: Love Style Arc
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 15:34:48 PM »
I have had mixed results with Style Arc patterns so I am hesitant to buy, but whenever I need style ideas that are current, their site is one of the first places I go.

DementedFairy

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 15:41:05 PM »
I have had mixed results with Style Arc patterns so I am hesitant to buy, but whenever I need style ideas that are current, their site is one of the first places I go.

Which ones didn't work for you?
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 17:10:27 PM »
I've just finished the longer version of this
https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/teddy-designer-top/
I used a pale blue/grey linen type fabric. the neck was a bit fiddly and I haven't got it quite right but hey ho I'm the one that will wear it and you can only tell if you are up close. I'm yet to try it on - I don't know why I haven't :[
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Nevis5

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 18:37:59 PM »
Ah maliw, I would love to know how that fits (or see a pic)! I am dithering about that one.  I really like the look, just not sure if how it would be on busty old me :)

@Marniesews I'm PDF averse so I buy the paper Style Arc patterns from either Amazon, Minerva or, if I'm feeling flush and/or like the free monthly pattern, direct from Style Arc themselves. 

ambro0

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 00:28:57 AM »
thirty seven
 :devil: :devil: :devil:

I don't know what you're worried about - my total is at least 120 - I need serious help!! I have successfully ignored their emails for at least two months......  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU

Bowerbird

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 01:54:55 AM »
I feel no need to count them, but the drawer is about as full as it can get. And that's after I donated some (hmm, 2?)  :[

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 04:26:34 AM »
One. Only one. A gift from Mudcat. The Ethel pant and I wear them every day.

120? Style Arc has that many patterns?  :S
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

mudcat

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 05:27:38 AM »
I love Style Arc.  I have more than 50 of them ... probably closer to 60.  I've purchased directly from them, via Amazon and Etsy. I admit it's crazy as it is unlikely I will ever use half of them.  The ones I've made have fit pretty well and certainly better than most other pattern brands with minimal tweaks.  Even though I've only made a handful of them most of the one's I've made have been made multiple times.

In my experience SA is well drafted and if you match the notches you will be fine in spite of the sometimes terse directions.  Those directions are best used as an order of operation.

Rene, I'm pretty sure SA has far more than 120.

Ploshkin

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 07:24:19 AM »
I'm fairly sure they don't as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but could someone please confirm - can you get Style Arc pdf patterns in A0 format?
Life's too short for ironing.

misschris

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 08:19:48 AM »
I'm fairly sure they don't as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but could someone please confirm - can you get Style Arc pdf patterns in A0 format?

From their Etsy store
Send us a message if you would like another range of sizes, print-shop files or to make a special request for us to add a specific PDF pattern from our full hard-copy range.

Ploshkin

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »
@misschris  thank you.  I hadn't seen that.
I've bought a couple of paper patterns at a time and had a freebie previously but there's one pattern I currently want and the freebies for the last few months haven't been my thing at all.  I've done a couple of PDFs for small tops before but I really don't like the hassle of the A4 sheets.
Life's too short for ironing.

Puzzler

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 20:06:27 PM »
I’ve only been successful with Style Arc pants, Barb and Margaret. I have the Adeline dress all printed out and ready to stick together. Looks like it’ll mask a few lumps and bumps. I have no mojo at the moment, sadly.