The Sewing Place

T-shirt production line

datcat23

T-shirt production line
« on: June 03, 2018, 08:36:51 AM »
I noticed a couple of weeks ago, that a few of my shirts are developing wear holes at the centre front.  This is due to my bad habit of cooking without an apron. 

This weekend I finished up three new tshirts.  I would like to point out now, that I deserve an award for willingly changing thread on my overlocker and coverstitch midway. 

Tshirts x 3 by Dani, on Flickr

The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

DementedFairy

Re: T-shirt production line
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:54:50 AM »
I WANT THE TEAPOTS!  Lovely work
C'est moi!

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:56:57 AM »
I love the first one.  That is just the sort of garment I wear.  The other two are great too.  Such fun.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »

So do I   :loveit:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

jen

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »
Very nice!

samtowanda

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 18:39:24 PM »
I love the teapots

mudcat

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 18:46:55 PM »
I WANT THE TEAPOTS! 

Me too!  They are so cool.

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 22:35:44 PM »
Lovely T shirts. If your holes are lower centre front they are probably caused by the abrasive action of denim waistbands, The top corner curls outwards and rubs holes in no time.

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 22:38:18 PM »
Lovely T shirts. If your holes are lower centre front they are probably caused by the abrasive action of denim waistbands, The top corner curls outwards and rubs holes in no time.
Yip! True story...although I thought it was my jeans button when I leaned on things.  :) Same result though.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

datcat23

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 22:52:21 PM »
Yip! True story...although I thought it was my jeans button when I leaned on things.  :) Same result though.

Well it certainly explains the tiny little holes I suppose.  I assumed it was fat splash breaking down the lycra component. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 23:56:01 PM »

Guns at dawn or do we draw straws?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 07:27:43 AM »
I WANT THE TEAPOTS!

I would just like to be able to make something useful like this!!!  :(
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 07:38:59 AM »
I WANT THE TEAPOTS!

I would just like to be able to make something useful like this!!!  :(
Oh but you can Im! All you need you do is fling fabric at your machine with gay abandon, do some free motion quilting down the sides of jig-saw pieces and ta-dah!!!! You have a thing. I'm not saying for one minute that it'll fit or look as good as the rest of the stuff on the light side but you can wear it gardening. (Wellies=no hems!!!). Very therapeutic!
@Pearl 's gonna have a go. Aren't you pearl?!?!?!?!  :devil:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

datcat23

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »

I would love to be able to point you to the seller, but like most of my fabric, the panel is well marinated.  I think I bought it last year, or maybe the year before, from a small WAH seller here in Aus. 

That being said, there is a seller here that prints her own designs, and she has a small run print of a wicked alice range that you would love DF.  Light Alice panel

Iminei

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 08:28:37 AM »
Oh but you can Im! All you need you do is fling fabric at your machine with gay abandon, do some free motion quilting down the sides of jig-saw pieces and ta-dah!!!! You have a thing. I'm not saying for one minute that it'll fit or look as good as the rest of the stuff on the light side but you can wear it gardening. (Wellies=no hems!!!). Very therapeutic!

WTF ?????

I have read this three times and still cant understand a word of it !!!
Have you been on the Vino ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again