The Sewing Place

T-shirt production line

wrenkins

Re: T-shirt production line
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 08:35:31 AM »
No! But you've been at the co-codamol.  0_0
Perfectly good, well punctuated English.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

datcat23

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 08:35:50 AM »
I WANT THE TEAPOTS!

I would just like to be able to make something useful like this!!!  :(

If I want tshirts that don't make me look like an overcooked potato, then sewing my own is necessary.  This pattern is the Jalie Raglan tshirt, and its easy as.  Get in there Imi!  If you can produce the wonderful works of art that you do, then you can do this!
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »
And if you want to go even easier, join the Blank Slate Facebook group, and get their Blanc t-shirt pattern free.  Two pieces, no darts, no bands.  Four flat seams (ie no easing in of sleeves or anything like that) and some hemming.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Missie

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »
They are great, but I love the teapots one!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 23:48:10 PM »
Great tee shirts. The good thing about using the same pattern over and over is you know it'll fit.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 02:32:00 AM »
Oh but you can Im! All you need you do is fling fabric at your machine with gay abandon, do some free motion quilting down the sides of jig-saw pieces and ta-dah!!!! You have a thing. I'm not saying for one minute that it'll fit or look as good as the rest of the stuff on the light side but you can wear it gardening. (Wellies=no hems!!!). Very therapeutic!
@Pearl 's gonna have a go. Aren't you pearl?!?!?!?!  :devil:

Perhaps I can use my American English combined with my bi-sewist abilities to translate this for @Iminei . I am equally sewversant in both the Light and Dark sides.

"You can do it Im, it isn't that different from piecing. Relax and pretend you are sewing two odd shaped block pieces together using your excellent seaming skills. Use a simple pattern and biff-bam-booey you've got a garment made. It might not be as well finished as something made by pure Lightsiders but it's still OK for casual wear in the house or yard. You don't even need to do a proper hem if you're not wearing it in public." Then she goads Pearl to try garment sewing.  :thread:

A simple tee pattern really is forgiving though. And for you reluctant Darksiders, if you can sew consistent seam allowances and press your seams as you go we can walk you through garment making. We start simple and work from there.

Back OT, @datcat23 these are very nice tees. Add me to the list for the teapot one.  :ninja:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

wrenkins

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 06:52:27 AM »
I'm impressed RS. Do you have Irish roots?  0_0  0_0  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »
I'm impressed RS. Do you have Irish roots?  0_0  0_0  0_0

Oddly enough, why, yes maybe!
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »
It's called 'blarney'
The difference between stating a fact and telling a story. :)