The Sewing Place

Pattern storage - show us yours...

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Pattern storage - show us yours...
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »
Nice solution, @BrendaP , those drawers are just the right size!

Gernella

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 20:47:57 PM »
Seeing this thread and another one has made me realise I need to do something fast so I've spent some money with the intention of revamping first before the decorate next year. 

I've bought this, I got something similar for the conservatory last year and this is the same make but considerably cheaper, factory clearance (love that word), and I know it is good quality. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wicker-chest-of-draws-storage-unit/332687151997?hash=item4d75b3137d:g:gwEAAOSwuDNZzNTT

It should go a long way to hiding some patterns and other stuff and taking down a table to be replaced by a slimmer one.  Just need a bit of time now to play Pickfords.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 17:50:10 PM »
I've finally sorted my pattern storage - Ikea Tjena white boxes, size 18 x 25x15cm, at a whopping £1.50 each, and a few decorations from The Range.  Leave the lid off for standing patterns up, or lid on for other things.

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 18:26:50 PM »
Pretty!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 16:48:01 PM »
I recently inherited my Mom's oak filing cabinet - it's 2 drawers high but double width.  It holds everything but my children's patterns (stored in a large plastic bin) and my Jalie patterns (in magazine holders).  It has made a definite improvement to the room.  But I need more bookcases.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

b15erk

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 11:34:05 AM »
Not necessarily for pattern storage, but I've just bought some plastic shoe boxes from Home Bargain 0.89p each.  I bought them originally for project boxes - I'm fed up of losing bits and pieces.

But, when I got home, i found the are the perfect size for patterns.  Just need some time to sort the patterns out now!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.