The Sewing Place

Holiday sewing ideas wanted

justpottering

Holiday sewing ideas wanted
« on: June 08, 2018, 21:36:59 PM »
Brain cells required mine have gone into hiding can I use yours please ladies and gents

We are off camping at the end of the month it will be walking and beach mostly and evenings at the tent. I always take some hand sewing with me something small for the beach and something more challenging for the tent last year it was paper piecing patchwork for the beach and Manx quilting cushion covers for the tent evenings and I also hand sewed a skirt and a top
I can probably find a garment to prepare beforehand but need some ideas for the small hand sewing project or even some different ideas for the tent

My head is currently too full of the beach skirt the walking trousers and the three tops I intend to finish before we go to think about what to take

Ideas needed please
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Efemera

Re: Holiday sewing ideas wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 22:12:23 PM »
How about decorating some beach pebbles to use as pattern weights.....or needle felt some creatures and mount them onto drift wood

crafter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 22:55:07 PM »
How about some creative embroidery.  You've already done paper piecing can do applique.  Do this along with embroidery and beading.  Lovely way to spent an afternoon.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 23:01:26 PM »
Put a quilt top together before you go then hand quilt it in the tent.

Dorset buttons or Yorkshire buttons for on the beach.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Snowgoose

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 08:30:58 AM »
http://helenhowestextiles.co.uk/kitsandpatterns/wsbagkit.html  :)

The beach pebble idea sounds lovely, I think I might borrow that idea, please  :D  :flower: