The Sewing Place

Mother of the Groom

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Mother of the Groom
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
All sorted now.  New buttons put on the shoes, big silver ones to match the jacket button, and some hot glue put on the clip of the fascinator to make it stay in my hair.  The only thing I haven't had to do anything to is the handbag - although I hate chain straps as they just slide straight off your shoulder, so may have to do a quick google for alternative straps...

The accessories really do match better in real life, the pic has made them all look different colours.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 14:42:03 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

b15erk

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2019, 12:07:10 PM »
Really beautiful Bodge!  Love your button idea for the shoes - which are perfect btw!

Lovely outfit for a very special day!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

annieeg

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper
Love the outfit and the buttons are the finishing touch.
That jacket looks great with that single button (less is more, as they say).
Going to have to buy that pattern - the collar is soooo effective. 0_0
Annie

sewingj

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
I have discovered that non-sewers are very impressed by covered buttons. I did some on my jacket (matching the dress) when daughter got married and it was the main thing people commented on!

Elnnina

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2019, 16:06:24 PM »
Lovely work Bodgeitandscarper - now you can sit back and relax knowing that this is now out of the way.  Have you enjoyed making these garments, the colouring is really excellent.  Fingers crossed that the day is kind to you weather wise and that you and your family can enjoy a lovely day.

justpottering

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2019, 16:14:28 PM »
Bodge I love it you will look fabulous on the day enjoy every minute of it
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Nevis5

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2019, 16:17:21 PM »
Ooh @Bodgeitandscarper  that's absolutely lovely.  You will outdo the bride  :devil: xx

annieeg

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2019, 16:36:53 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper
How difficult would it be to add short sleeves to that dress ?
(I really like the pattern but NEVER do sleeveless).
Annie

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2019, 16:53:12 PM »
Thank you all for your lovely comments  <3

I have to say I am really pleased it's all finished, and I even bought matching nail polish and lipstick  0_0

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2019, 16:57:38 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper
How difficult would it be to add short sleeves to that dress ?
(I really like the pattern but NEVER do sleeveless).
Annie
@annieeg Easy enough I guess, I'd just be looking at using a sleeve from another pattern and perhaps copying the armhole too from another pattern so they fit together.

Sandra

« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2019, 17:05:12 PM »
That's a beautiful outfit. Love the colours and I love the accessories you've chosen.

Sandra.
xxx

Greybird

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2019, 16:37:56 PM »
I'm just catching up with this. It all looks really lovely and you should be so proud of it! The jacket is a runaway success I think. Looking forward to seeing you all dressed up in it for the wedding! Congratulations to your son and his bride by the way!